Custom Guitars

• Thread starter joshgrind
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

joshgrind

Reaction score
I know there are probably 50000000 threads for custom guitars. But, what are some companies that you have found that aren't well known? Besides RAN, blackmachine, warmoth. I haven't seen anything that is so unique, yet good looking that I have to get. I want to get one made but I haven't seen anything that strikes me.

My friend has a custom bass. It is light colored wood with the same color fretboard(the whole guitar is the same color) and it is awesome but the company doesn't make guitars! I want to find something like that.

Please help me out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ricez

Contributor
Reaction score
Check out Chris Stambaugh at stambaughdesigns.com

Chris will built anything. He is currently building a 7 string V for one of my students. He also built my fanned fret 8. You can pick the woods you want for the body, top, fretboard, you name it. He does good work and the going rate for one of his 7 or 8 string instruments is around $1500. He is located in New Hampshire.

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, there's Oni Guitars in Australia ;)

Check out Mike Sherman, he's here regularly too and is one of the few guys whose work I respect.

NiMH

Banned
Reaction score
Check out Chris Stambaugh at stambaughdesigns.com

Chris will built anything. He is currently building a 7 string V for one of my students. He also built my fanned fret 8. You can pick the woods you want for the body, top, fretboard, you name it. He does good work and the going rate for one of his 7 or 8 string instruments is around $1500. He is located in New Hampshire.

His guitars are nice. I live in New Hampshire and have drooled over his instruments for years.

Hexer

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything that is so unique, yet good looking that I have to get. I want to get one made but I haven't seen anything that strikes me.

My friend has a custom bass. It is light colored wood with the same color fretboard(the whole guitar is the same color) and it is awesome but the company doesn't make guitars! I want to find something like that.

Please help me out.

well..... a lot of custom-makers would do that for you

msherman

Banned
Reaction score
Well, there's Oni Guitars in Australia ;)

Check out Mike Sherman, he's here regularly too and is one of the few guys whose work I respect.

Feeling all warm and fuzzy here in cold Connecticut.
Thanks for the kind words, Dan. I admire your work as well:bowdown:

Joshgrind, here are a couple of blonds for ya.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Yeah, ONI guitars, and Mike Sherman do awsome instruments!

But you have also KxK, that they did some awsome works. Look to Noodles V. A piece of art :metal:

joshgrind

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Mike, if you made those guitars then I think you are my guy. I will send you a pm.

')