Custom kickass 8 strings

• Thread starter derbstens
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
that neck-thru is out of this world man. keep up the great work.

georg_f

Reaction score
count me in for a fanned fret 8 string hannes bridge, that'll make at least 3 people wanting one

Qweklain

Reaction score
That semi-neck-thru bolt-on is pretty much the same thing as ESPs old Cyber-Joint. I had an old custom built (wish I still had it) that was a Cyber-Joint, and it was pretty much the perfect neck system in my opinion. It had a mixed tone qualities of neck-thru and bolt-on, and if you ever snapped the neck, it would be replaceable!

Chris_N

Reaction score
Might also be an exclusive licensing agreement, so he'd likely have to talk to Schaller about it anyways.

Hi guys,
this is my first post in this forum.

I also would love the idea of having a 7-string Hannes bridge. I've contacted Roland Hannes, and he directed me to Schaller.
He knows about Krachgarten, and a french guitarbuilder, who made a lefty 7-string bridge.
Then i asked Schaller about the issue , and got the following answer:

Sehr geehrter Herr Neubauer,
herzlichen Dank, in diesem Jahr startet neu unser Hannes-Steg mit Piezo und als Basssteg 5-Saiter.
Weitere Varianten z.B. 7-Saiter werden erst später folgen.
Derartige Varianten wurden definitiv nicht von Schaller hergestellt.
Einzelteile verkaufen wir nicht separat.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Lars Bünning

Schaller Electronic GmbH

Dr. Lars Bünning
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter
Managing Director - Owner

So, there will be no 7-string bridge in the near future from Schaller, which will leave it to ourselves trying to manufacture some...
Of course there might be a copyright issue, especially if someone is manufacturing those bridges and selling them... I asked Mr. Hannes about it, and will post his answer here.
I think, he is not very concerned about it, but maybe Schaller will be.

btw, how many guys in germany would be interested? We would need 7 Hannesbridges to make 6 7-strings, if we can find someone who does the cnc metalwork.
thomann sells one for 119 € plus the cnc work, that would be quite an investment.
Any ideas?

yacker

Reaction score
Hi guys,
this is my first post in this forum.

I also would love the idea of having a 7-string Hannes bridge. I've contacted Roland Hannes, and he directed me to Schaller.
He knows about Krachgarten, and a french guitarbuilder, who made a lefty 7-string bridge.
Then i asked Schaller about the issue , and got the following answer:

Sehr geehrter Herr Neubauer,
herzlichen Dank, in diesem Jahr startet neu unser Hannes-Steg mit Piezo und als Basssteg 5-Saiter.
Weitere Varianten z.B. 7-Saiter werden erst später folgen.
Derartige Varianten wurden definitiv nicht von Schaller hergestellt.
Einzelteile verkaufen wir nicht separat.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Lars Bünning

Schaller Electronic GmbH

Dr. Lars Bünning
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter

So, there will be no 7-string bridge in the near future from Schaller, which will leave it to ourselves trying to manufacture some...
Of course there might be a copyright issue, especially if someone is manufacturing those bridges and selling them... I asked Mr. Hannes about it, and will post his answer here.
I think, he is not very concerned about it, but maybe Schaller will be.

btw, how many guys in germany would be interested? We would need 7 Hannesbridges to make 6 7-strings, if we can find someone who does the cnc metalwork.
thomann sells one for 119 € plus the cnc work, that would be quite an investment.
Any ideas?

Since you appear to have very good english skills......could you translate schaller's response for those of us who have subpar german skills? I know we got the general answer from your summation, but I'm wondering what they actually said.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know how happy Siggi Braun will be when he sees you are copying his CNS system :)

Chris_N

Reaction score
Since you appear to have very good english skills......could you translate schaller's response for those of us who have subpar german skills? I know we got the general answer from your summation, but I'm wondering what they actually said.

Dear Mr. N....
thanks (for your request). New models of the Hannes bridge in this year will be one (for guitar) with piezo, and one for 5-string bass.
Other versions, like 7-string, may follow later (this is quite indifferent in german, so I think that they don't have concret plans, when they will release it)
Those versions have definitly not been produced by Schaller.
We don't sell individual components.

Kind regards
Dr. Lars Brünning

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score

I'll try, my german ain't perfect though:

"Many thanks for the question, this year we will be shipping our new Hannes-bridge with piezos and a 5-string bass version.
Further variants, e.g. 7-string will follow later. Such variants will definitely not be produced by schaller (I dunno if he means the 7 string versions or what? I'd have to see the question).
We don't sell single parts separately (i.e. single saddles I guess)"

OMG beaten! :)

Chris_N

Reaction score
Such variants will definitely not be produced by schaller (I dunno if he means the 7 string versions or what? I'd have to see the question).
We don't sell single parts separately (i.e. single saddles I guess)"

OMG beaten! :)

Now that's interesting, because I didn't mention anything in special, just that I have seen a 7-string bridge. So he must have googled for it.
I hope that this will not bring up any copyright probs, 'cause this guy seems to be the boss of Schaller ^^

yacker

Reaction score
Thanks guys! The prospect of piezo hannes bridges is at least a little cool. Such a shame that schaller is so anti-anythingbut6string.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Now that's interesting, because I didn't mention anything in special, just that I have seen a 7-string bridge. So he must have googled for it.
I hope that this will not bring up any copyright probs, 'cause this guy seems to be the boss of Schaller ^^

Huh? I just translated what I saw? The original says 7-string?
I have nothing to do with schaller.

Or I misunderstood :)

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
The 8 string EX style!

that is KILLER. More GAS for me. :lol:

pylyo

Reaction score
Like a guy above said, I saw this what you call 1/2 neck-through style on Siggi Braun guitars. Other than that lovely guitars you got there...

')