Custom kickass 8 strings

• Thread starter derbstens
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

derbstens

Reaction score
@pylyo and drmosh:

before I built the guitars I did some research in some book, in which this neck-body connection was described:
Day, Paul/ Rebellius Heinz Waldenmaier, André: E-Gitarren. Alles über Konstruktion und Historie, München 2007, S.60.

It was first used at acoustics "Black Widow" in the early 1970s.
S. D. Curlee is also mentioned in the book as is Esh and Siggi Braun.

I chose the connection for its benefits for attack and sustain either way.

I make decisions predominantly from a technical standpoint and this neck to body connection promised the most benefit in terms of attack
and into face response of the string, nowadays often described as Djent.

During planning the guitars I contacted Siggi Braun via email. The guy is pretty secretive about his findings.

That is all I can say about being influenced by other guitar builders -besides Hufyouknowwho, convincing me to bolt that neck on.
I didn't regret it a second, for the guitars turning out to be the most awesome kick ass instruments known to men to date (...)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wuj Bat

Fapikaze
Reaction score
built a few guitars:
web.jpg

With this one - do you know watcha made me to? ;) To register and write first post. I'm left handed but despite of that - that's my long awaited/searched 8-string perfect guitarra!!!

')