Custom kickass 8 strings

• Thread starter derbstens
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
I'd definitely be another one interested in the bridges if you made more. I'd be more interested in a 7 string version than an 8 though. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread.

Fantastic work, btw!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

derbstens

Reaction score
The pricerange for a krachgarten guitar will be somewhere between 2.5 and 4 K€ depending on materials chosen and effort of manufacturing.

I'll consider selling the bridges separately when I have reliable info about the costs.

Thanks for all the positive comments. Really appreciate it.

Bobulot

GRANDMAAAAAAAAAAAA
Reaction score
I wonder if you could machine an angled backpiece for a fanned-fret Hannes bridge.

It's doable, I whipped up a design for one in CAD once. I just couldn't bring myself to buy 2 hannes bridges + pay for getting the machining done to make 1 fanned fret 8 bridge.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The pricerange for a krachgarten guitar will be somewhere between 2.5 and 4 K€ depending on materials chosen and effort of manufacturing.

I'll consider selling the bridges separately when I have reliable info about the costs.

Thanks for all the positive comments. Really appreciate it.

So it's been two months, any updates on the bridges?

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
why not have a neck pickup some of us like to shred from time to time

Well, I'm pretty sure he built these guitars for himself so that could be a reason. Also, the way the bolt on neck is, I don't think there is room for a neck pickup route. The bolts are where the neck pickup would normally be bolting the neck into the body.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Thats totally a preference thing, some people far prefer the bridge pickup for shredding and the neck pup for rhythms.

I only ever miss the neck pickup on my multiscale when I'm playing cleans, its basically useless for them with only a bridge pup.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
I *love* bridge pickup solo tones. Dunno why, but neck pickup stuff is too flutey for me, unless it's a Strat-style singlecoil.

Some guys do it well (Gary Moore, Slash, Brian May, Tom Scholz, Al Pitrelli, Alex Skolnick) but for some reason it just doesn't work for me.

derbstens

Reaction score
Hi,

I just saw the thread swimming up again.

concerning possibilities to mount a neck pickup, I think it can be done without sacrificing the 'semi neck thru' neck to body connection (which I'm pretty proud of)
and which is going to be one of the core features of a KRACHGARTEN guitar due to it's superior performance, tone and attack wise.
Also, with the next guitars the n/b connection will be improved in an invisible way providing even more stiffness and attack.

Selling the Hannes bridge by itself is still in a process.
I won't do it whithout permission from Schaller and I have to find a factory that mills the stop tail piece for me, which is a huge investment btw.
I've actually been led down by a local milling facility, they seem not to be interested.

I'm not so keen on digging into cnc programming but I'm optimistic to find someone doing it for me.
Building it the way I did would make things ridiculously expensive.
Not as expensive as buying a KRACHGARTEN and transplanting the bridge though...

There will be 6 and 7-string guitars by KRACHGARTEN hence a 7 Hannes is on the horizon later this year.

The next step is getting some videos tracked to give a better impression of the qualities of the axes.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi,
Selling the Hannes bridge by itself is still in a process.
I won't do it whithout permission from Schaller and I have to find a factory that mills the stop tail piece for me, which is a huge investment btw.
I've actually been led down by a local milling facility, they seem not to be interested.

I think you'd need to get permission from the guy that owns the design, Roland Hannes rolandhannes.com. He just licensed it to Schaller to mass produce :2c:

')