Custom Paint Job?

• Thread starter AetateGigantum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AetateGigantum

Release my Senses
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here so bare with me. The only 7 string I currently own is the Schecter C-7. First 7 string and it's been excellent for me to learn with. But i'm growing tired of how plain it looks. I was wondering if it would be worth shelling out the cash for a custom paint job or just saving up for a new guitar in the near future. I really have no need for a new one as my schecter is in practically perfect condition and i'm still pretty new to the 7 string world. Suggestions?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    293 KB · Views: 105

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HRC51

Reaction score
First, think of a great design or color. There are plenty of really talented artists out there. It may cost more than you want, but it will be "your" guitar. Go for it and keep us posted.

Zerox8610

Reaction score
Don't bother. It's extremely expensive, and if you do it yourself there's no guarantee that you can pull it off without making it look terrible. You're better off saving your money and buying a guitar you really like.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I completely disagree with the post above this one.

It's not that hard to do a refinish, especially since you already love the guitar. Do some searching around. I highly suggest looking at this site Project Guitar :: Finishing and Refinishing Tips

if you take your time and plan it out you can end up with something that looks the way you want it too and it's more rewarding than just buying a new guitar knowing you did it yourself.

wookie606

Telecaster Fetish
Reaction score
I gave my project guitar to my friend who works in an auto painting shop.
This was is very very cheap and we will see how it turns out :)

Spamspam

Pastafarian
Reaction score
I've refinished guitars (swirls), and really love how they turned out. Highly recommend doing it yourself, that guitar will be yours completely when you apply your artistic vision to it.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't bother. It's extremely expensive, and if you do it yourself there's no guarantee that you can pull it off without making it look terrible. You're better off saving your money and buying a guitar you really like.

This is just not true, sorry.

I had this done (with the faux-bainding, three types of paint including one metallic, hand cut stencils for dragon and logo) for $150.

DSC_0220_zps637bb1c6.jpg

DSC_0223_zps0214eb48.jpg

I took some pointers from him for my next project, bought the supplies he suggested, and made this in my kitchen. For maybe $30-50.
425167_10151106669630482_1525359022_n.jpg

I say go for it mate, if you screw it up on the first try then all it takes is to start over :cheers:

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
Just my opiniin but I'd say get a different guitar. A schecter c7 doesnt sound like an instroment I'd want to keep as a primary for longer then I'd have to. Unless you are looking for the fun of a project I'd say save the resell value and begin the search for a new one that's worth modding.

Zerox8610

Reaction score
Just realized someone gave me neg rep for my post. Saying sandpaper and spray paint aren't expensive.... No. duh.

I was referring to professional paint jobs like the OP asked about. I wonder if some people even READ the threads they post in.

SailorwigZ81

Intrinsic
Reaction score
I'm also looking to paint my COW 7 but DIY isn't an option for me due to time and a workspace to do it properly. Not too worried about the price. I'm not looking to have the entire thing hand painted with a mural. Looking for people stateside that offer a painting service.

oracles

Reaction score
I'm also looking to paint my COW 7 but DIY isn't an option for me due to time and a workspace to do it properly. Not too worried about the price. I'm not looking to have the entire thing hand painted with a mural. Looking for people stateside that offer a painting service.

Hit up Michael at Livewire Guitars

SailorwigZ81

Intrinsic
Reaction score
Yea, michaels been taking care of me. Just shipped him the Jackson today. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it comes back.

')