Custom RGA-style 7-string (GOTM nominee!) UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serratus

Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:
Custom 7-string guitar. RGA style body built last year by Jaden Rose, 2-piece centre-joined hard ash, sanded, polished and oiled, jem style jack socket, AANJ. Tone zone 7 bridge pickup (cream/black zebra), Blaze single neck pickup (cream), volume, 3-way switch (bridge pickup split in middle position), kill switch. Original Ibanez RG7620 neck, with fingerboard replaced with bound birds-eye maple, and disappearing pyramids in New Zealand Paua and Mother-of-pearl, fingerboard is cellulose lacquered (the inlays were hand-cut and fitted, with each piece being selected for the prettiest patterns – it is a lovely and unique board). Original locking nut holes filled with maple plugs epoxied in, fitted with a new graph-tech 7-string nut. Ibanez sealer sanded from the back of the neck and oiled instead. Fretwire is slightly smaller than usual jumbo fretwire. Cedar veneer on front of headstock, oiled. Black Ibanez fixed bridge with thru-body stringing. Black Gotoh tuners. Currently has Schaller strap-lock buttons fitted but I can replace them with some standard strap buttons if you don’t use them.
The body is only a couple of months old, and the whole guitar is pretty much perfect, no knocks or dings, etc. It plays lovely, and IMHO sounds great – the Tone zone works with the ash body really nicely, and the neck single-coil has a nice stratty neck pickup tone. Definitely a one-off! It’s just not my sort of guitar at the moment (I’m currently tending to play less Ibanez shaped guitars – more into my tele’s and Les Pauls) and I need some cash.
Currently setup in standard B-E with 10’s.

I’d prefer a UK sale really, or Europe, but the exchange rate and shipping probably means it’s not for those in the US anyway.

Modifications (if any): See description above.

Accessories (hardshell case etc): Comes with an original Ibanez Universe hard-case, the black one with the pink Ibanez logo on the outside, purple velvet lined interior. In pretty good used condition, a lot of small marks in the outside but nothing major – and the combination lock still works perfectly.

Location (City,State or City,Country): Devon, UK

Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM thru this forum

References Required (eBay or other forum userid): *richf* on eBay uk, and itrader rating on this forum.

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): I asked opinions on this forum and the general consensus seemed to be around £900 to £1000. I think thats a bit high, so I would like to get £750 (uk pounds sterling) (especially as I’ve now included an Ibanez hard-case) for it, plus shipping.

Pictures:

13050d1260120399-ngd-dsc01070.jpg

13049d1260120390-ngd-dsc01049.jpg

13048d1260119900-ngd-dsc01067.jpg

06b.JPG

Also, forgot to mention that I am open to offers, and I'd be interested if anyone wants to trade something plus cash (ie I'm not really looking for any straight trades but if you have something thats worth less and want to make a trade plus cash offer, let me know). Especially interested in other 7-string guitars and small valve amps, but let me know what you have.....

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daggorath

-.-
Reaction score
Got an Agile Hornet pro 7, Laney VHR100, Schecter Hellraiser... let me know if you're interested in any of them.

Serratus

Reaction score
Got an Agile Hornet pro 7, Laney VHR100, Schecter Hellraiser... let me know if you're interested in any of them.

Hi mate,
Thanks for the offers, but neither of those guitar give me GAS!!, and regarding amps, I was thinking more of smaller valve amps, like a tiny terror or something like that (I already have a head for live use that I'm happy with).
Any other offers from anyone??!!?? As I said above, the price I put was just what people suggested on here - I'm open to offers...on price or trades, etc....

Serratus

Reaction score
PRICE DROP!

Okay, so it seems that £900 is a bit high, and was higher than I was originally thinking anyway (I put that because it was suggested as a value on here).

So I was thinking of £750.
The last custom RG 7 string I sold on here was for £700, and this one includes a UV case so £750 seems about right.
As I said before, I'm also interested in partial trades, let me know what you have.....

Serratus

Reaction score
Got a new camera today so took a few more pics :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF0060.jpg
    DSCF0060.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 492
  • DSCF0089.jpg
    DSCF0089.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 488
  • DSCF0108.jpg