Custom Seven String?

• Thread starter Chipsdipp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chipsdipp

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a seven :D
How much does Carvin charge for a 7, do they make the DC727 anymore, or should I look on ebay?

How much do Carvin charge for some custom specs, like different woods and neckthrough and all that other good stuff? :)

And also, are the brand Warmoth, where you can customize your guitar on your own (Warmoth Custom Guitar Parts - Custom bass and guitar bodies and necks) anything to look into?
Put togheter a seven on their website, but that one is bolt-on, and Im not really sure on the brands quality.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Check out Carvin's website. You have all the prices right there. Also keep in mind that a Carvin can cost twice as much for someone ordering outside of North America.

I'm not entirely sure how Warmoth works, but I thought they were only a parts company. You can order customized parts, then they'll send you the parts, and you put it all together yourself. I don't know if they'll put together the whole thing for you. Again, check their website.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^+1

Go to Carvin and get a quote! :yesway:

I *think* Warmoth may do full axes. I see a lot of really nice looking Geckos on ebay but they very well may have been customer-assembled. :shrug:

Ayo7e

ralugeR gro.ss
Reaction score
Living in europe you should check siggery guitars, Ran and Invictus, they have more or less the same prices as carvin but in europe

Chipsdipp

Reaction score
The thing is that I got a grandfather living in NY, so i could order it to him, and then he can send it as a gift to me, and hopefully dont get to pay extra taxes.

Im an idiot, cant find the prices on Carvins website :mad:

How much does the Siggery, Ran and Invictus charge for their guitars? I dont need a really fancy 3000 dollar guitar, cause I havent got the money =/

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
The thing is that I got a grandfather living in NY, so i could order it to him, and then he can send it as a gift to me, and hopefully dont get to pay extra taxes.

Im an idiot, cant find the prices on Carvins website :mad:

Oh, that's great! It should probably work out then, if that's the case. As for the prices... Huh, that's interesting. They're not listed on the international website. They used to be a while ago. To see them you'll have to build your own guitar through the online builder. Go to the guitar you want (DC727 in this case. Not discontinued, btw. I'd be sad if it did, because I like it over the DC700), and then click on the "more info about this guitar" button. Then, once that particular guitar's info page opens up, look for the "Guitar Builder" button. There you should be able to put together all the specs you'd like, and then it'll tell you a price. Hope that helps!

Ayo7e

ralugeR gro.ss
Reaction score
Carvin.com : DC727 TWO PICKUP SEVEN STRING GUITAR

Click on the green "Guitar Builder" button and it will go through all the options you can pick. At the end, it'll add up all the options that you picked out and give you a total.

I think that carvin has a kind of IP block, and if you are entering in the website from any other country except usa (and canada maybe) the prices don't appear at the end.:ugh:

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
^Yeah, you can't get linked to anything on the US Carvin site. It's been that way for a couple of years, and I don't understand why they do it. This, along with some semi-recent changes in their pricing for non-US customers makes me almost believe that they're trying to discourage Europeans from buying their guitars.

Najka

Reaction score
Check out Bernie Rico's site too, makes some nice seven string guitars. There is Vik guitars, they make some interesting stuff. You could check out Guerilla guitars too if you're into metal. Stickly7, but their website is poorly done.. Don't know about service. Olaenglund plays them. Hufshmid guitars look cool. Patrick Hufshmid has the absolute best customer service. There is a Polish company called Mayones which look interesting. Hope this helps!

Chipsdipp

Reaction score
I'm into metal, but likes to play clean stuff too, so a full on metal guitar don't think would suit me that well. I like diversity :)

E-mailed the guy at siggery guitars, but havnt got an answer =/

Isn't Bernie Ricos pretty expensive?

Think most of the custom guitar brand website are bad, I would like to see pricing on different wood selections, neck types and so on :)

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
ran guitars is great! you can make a complete custom with all you specs, but that will be around 2-3k or you go with a crusher Ran Guitars Crusher an choose the wood, scale, pickups. that guitar will cost a little over 1000 euros

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
My RAN crusher is awesome, and as a swede, you'd probably want to go domestic within the EU. RAN's feel very organic, you really feel that they are made of wood, Dariusz is also a great guy to work with, he has a real concern for both customers and guitars.

RAN Guitars: Crusher

Is it just me, or has it come a lot of swedish members lately? I had gotten used to JohnIce, Murmel and me being the only regular ones :lol:

Chipsdipp

Reaction score
The Crusher looks fckn sick!

Do you think it's possible to get it without the active pickups?

EDIT: and also it's six months wait =(

Chipsdipp

Reaction score
That looks really awesome!!

How is it to play?

I like when guitars got that natural finish, where you can see the beautiful wood :)

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
It plays very well, quite glassy cleans due to the baritone scale. The guitar, as I said earlier, feels very organic, you feel that it is made of wood. My other seven, an Ibanez UV777, has a different feel, and it does not feel as "woody", if that makes any sense. Keeps tune extremely well, the mahogany is light, there are no imperfections on it, it is solid craftsmanship. One of the push-pulls started to feel a bit loose after a while (as they often do), but some plummer's tape (gängtejp in swedish) later, and now it sits like stone

The neck heel is small, so it is no issue getting up to the highest frets, the cutaways are also big enough to not get in the way if you are heavy-handed.

The fullshreds does a lot of for the all mahogany build, it gives a very high clarity, and it crunches very well.

The only real issue is the difference in humidity between Sweden and Poland, ebony can shrink a tiny bit, and it did for me. But, it did not bring any problems at all, the ends of the frets are slightly sharper, and I could file them more if it bothered me, but it doesn't really.

I agree, the finish really sets it off together with the fretboard.

')