Custom shop dissapointment

• Thread starter hikizume976
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ferret

Reaction score
Your first post neglected to mention that you got a reply just yesterday, with full admittance that it was their fault they hadn't sent it.

Still, sucks you've had to wait.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
Every guitar I've received in the mail has had cracks/dents in the case when I received it. At this point I blame the shipping companies 100%.

Never really complained about it to the luthier/dealer. The cases job is to protect the guitar in transport, which they always have. They're pretty bound to get beaten up. I always feel like I'd be being a jackass if I told the person 'hey, the case arrived damaged (most likely in transport) but the guitar is 100% fine, can you spend 50+ dollars on a new case and then another 50 bucks to ship it to me, thanks.'

wiretap

Reaction score
Guitar cases are supposed to look like shit and take a beating. It is their purpose. That said, that case is some cheap ass shit for a custom shop..

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
The case did its job, it protected your guitar, I'm suprised you put so much stock in this situation to go as far as making this thread. Please explain the difference from you cracking the case in transport vs the guitar being transport to you. What's the point/purpose of the guitar case?

XxJoshxX

Djentleman
Reaction score
^^yes i would advise the same
But I kind of feel bad that i keep coming back to this thread for the sole purpose of seeing peoples witty comments against the OP

Le Jeff

Reaction score
I'm going to chime in as a former UPS delivery guy. If that's the worst your guitar case got, you got a good case.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Um......

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading this thread. Your all being assholes to this dude. There is not a damn thing wrong with wanting to get what you paid for. If the guy ordered a guitar and a case, he should get them without damage. I dont see why everyone has to be a dick about it???

Its baffeling how you guys act like hes wrong. I know 4 months isnt a long time, but the fact that he was told one thing, and then treated to another makes it an issue of principal.

Also, someone mentioned what does it matter that its a custom shop or a production shop? Well, a custom shop should have a higher attention to detail and superb customer service to be a great custom shop. If they kinda yank the customers chain, and dont deliver the item as ordered, then why shouldnt he be able to make a thread.

And I dont get this "post everything or nothing" junk. It makes no sense. That just hunts for drama. I think the guy was trying to feel out the situation. Probably didnt know if what he delt with warrented mentioning the company. Its a borderline situation IMO. So the guy was feeling it out, and everyone started being dickheads to him. I dont get it :lol:

Noxon

Is a Lurker
Reaction score
I once bought a Strat that had shipping damage to the case. You know what I did? I was thankful the case did its job, and just ordered a new one. Granted my Strat is not a custom Skervy, but still, man, the crack in the case isn't nearly as bad as I expected. The maker replied quickly, admitted fault, and are going to send you a new one... It is a bummer about the case, but I think you are looking for something to be mad about.

jrstinkfish

Reaction score
The maker replied quickly, admitted fault, and are going to send you a new one...
In the OP's defense, he wrote about the case back in July. In September, the shop said they were going to send him a new one from their next delivery of cases. Yesterday the shop admitted they forgot to send him a new one from that last delivery, and would send him one when they got another delivery. Sounds like he's being yanked around to me.

If it were me, I'd just have them refund me the cost of the case and go buy one locally.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think it's right to pile on this guy, but at the same time there are a lot of us (ahem, BRJ) custom shop customers who would just be stoked to RECEIVE a guitar, much less a case, and anything in the working order. The sad thing is that most luthiers are either bad businessmen or flat out shysters.

Vrollin

Reaction score
The bloke paid money for a new product, it doesn't matter what it is or how much anyone thinks the item is "worth," he paid real world dollars for something new he should get what he paid for, a brand new undamaged case....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')