Custom Spear Tele

• Thread starter adz87
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

adz87

Reaction score
So recently I've been wanting another 7 string. I'd love to get a Music Man, but can't justify buying one. And nothing else has really floated my boat.

Whilst having a conversation with a few guys at the shop I work at and the distributor Of Spear in the UK I decided to see if I could get a custom made up.

I've been looking at the Agile Tele and thought that was really cool, but I wanted something different.

So I came up with this moc up (please note its not the best in the world!)

rt20057string.jpg

Its a thru neck design. with mahogany wings and an 8mm ebony top. it'll have seymour duncan jb and jazz p'ups in. the same dimension neck as my rg7620, and it'll have the graphtech Ghost Acousti Phonic preamp and saddles. (Yes i know the switch layout is very petrucci but Meh, my custom and all that jazz!!)

Just need to wait for a reply back but Ed (from Spear UK) said they would be very happy to work on this project.

Just wanted to see what you guys think as well!

Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

adz87

Reaction score
Cheers Guys Lets hope it becomes a reality!! I'll keep you all posted!

noob_pwn

Reaction score
woah awesome! i wouldnt reccomend the JB7 & jazz 7 though, they don't seem to be the best seven string pups

Demiurge

Reaction score
I like it, although I think that plastic pickup rings ruin the look of fancy wood flat-tops.

Did you consider direct-mounting the pickups?

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
That's a mockup? Dude, that looks legit. I thought it was an actual picture of a guitar.

adz87

Reaction score
I like it, although I think that plastic pickup rings ruin the look of fancy wood flat-tops.

Did you consider direct-mounting the pickups?

Thats what i've asked for. It's just my photo shopping skills couldn't do it!

That's a mockup? Dude, that looks legit. I thought it was an actual picture of a guitar.

Well it's a picture i found on ebay. so i just photo shopped it. If you look you can see that on the neck there's only 6 strings. i had to stretch the fret board to the right size!

adz87

Reaction score
Don't think so...
The JB it's maybe not the best pickup out there for that guitar...but the jazz should be fantastic...(I absolutely love the Jazz and the Jazz7)

well so far i have used both and love the sound clean and dirty. so i'll see how i go with them

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very nice. My recommendation would be to replace the JB with a Duncan Custom 7 or a Custom 7 with an Alnico 8 magnet swap. I find in my mahogany Dean, the "Custom 8" seems to work better than the JB.

adz87

Reaction score
Very nice. My recommendation would be to replace the JB with a Duncan Custom 7 or a Custom 7 with an Alnico 8 magnet swap. I find in my mahogany Dean, the "Custom 8" seems to work better than the JB.

Ok thats cool. i'll check that out. Cheers dude.

Still no word form the guys at the factory yet. I'll call up on friday and check with my distributor.

')