Cutest boys in metal

• Thread starter JohnIce
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's very interesting, but I do still wonder where, specifically in regard to metal music these women might be? Eli had a bash at some evidence but there really didn't seem much there that as either recent or tangible. Could this not simply be market serving itself?

I'd also be really interested to hear how you propose, If we agree for time being there is a problem in music press, for it to be solved. Particularly in light of commercial industry and of course dwindling physical media and print sales.

I'm glad you're genuinely interested man! Like I said earlier my experiences from this come from friends rather than any kind of celebrity statements, but I remember stumbling upon these:

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Very few, yes. Cause most of the posters here are men. Would it be awesome to hear more from women on this subject? Yes! But in their absence, I'm not one to leave sexist comments hanging when I have a counter-argument ready to go. And if there were more women posting here, I bet a lot of these comments would be much less "honest".

TBH mate that was my point. This thread would be a million times better if there was alot more posts from women, but I agree with you on this and pretty much all your posts, yes not right to leave random sexism hanging or un-counter argued just coz there is an absence of those its directed at to argue on their own behalf.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH mate that was my point. This thread would be a million times better if there was alot more posts from women, but I agree with you on this and pretty much all your posts, yes not right to leave random sexism hanging or un-counter argued just coz there is an absence of those its directed at to argue on their own behalf.

Awesome, glad we cleared that up :metal: :)

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Very few, yes. Cause most of the posters here are men. Would it be awesome to hear more from women on this subject? Yes! But in their absence, I'm not one to leave sexist comments hanging when I have a counter-argument ready to go. And if there were more women posting here, I bet a lot of these comments would be much less "honest".

I used to post on a forum dedicated to a guitar tablature program. Almost all of the posters were male, and for very good reason: the second a poster revealed that they were female, they were flooded with comments about sharing naked pics, getting in the kitchen, etc. I'm sure most of the people responsible for those comments would sincerely describe them as good-natured, harmless ribbing, not deliberate cruelty; even if that were really the case, though, the results were still that almost no females posted on that forum for extended periods of time.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
the second a poster revealed that they were female, they were flooded with comments about sharing naked pics, getting in the kitchen, etc.

I've not really come across that kind of behavior on this forum though. We're not ideal here either, and there's tons of variety of opinion, but I don't gather from this thread (or others) that we're entirely unwelcoming to women, especially given that we're only assuming we're speaking with other men. I've assumed a lot of users here were dudes until they said otherwise, at which point the way they were treated didn't change. :2c:

troyguitar

Reaction score
Sure thing :)

Problem: Sexism, and the millions of extra problems it entails for both men and women. Those problems are very similar to the problems caused by racism, homophobia, islamophobia, you name it. It's a threat against equal opportunity, and in large doses it can spark sexual assault and domestic abuse.

Solution: Discussing and pointing out sexism, so that you can avoid being a part of the group that causes it. Most of us are raised sexist, by society. It's through discussions like these that we can get educated and with each generation slowly phase it out of society.

If you think that sounds bad, I honestly don't know what to tell you, man.

What am I supposed to "learn" from this thread?

That women should not be allowed to use their appearance to get publicity?

Come on, dude. Put out a SPECIFIC point.

Problem: Sexism. and Solution: Talking. is an epic cop-out.

What EXACTLY is wrong with discussing the appearance of female metal musicians and how EXACTLY do we fix it?

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
If you're a man or a woman, and you got a sexy body, you should let us less attractive people admire it.

If you've got a sexy body AND you're talented aside from looking good? Yeah, looking hot might detract attention from your talent.

But I'm sorry, I pretty much can't feel bad for beautiful people. They get everything handed to them. Oh boooo hoooo no one cares how good at guitar you are because they're staring at your awesome physical form? Gosh that must just be soooooo hard... :rolleyes:

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
I've not really come across that kind of behavior on this forum though. We're not ideal here either, and there's tons of variety of opinion, but I don't gather from this thread (or others) that we're entirely unwelcoming to women, especially given that we're only assuming we're speaking with other men. I've assumed a lot of users here were dudes until they said otherwise, at which point the way they were treated didn't change. :2c:

Ya....stupid earns ban-hammers here. From the bit I've been here, I haven't seen much gender-based anything going on. Certainly not to the level of the various firearm debates or any of the brand-vs-brand/type-vs-type debates around here.

I don't get what your saying? Chokey Chicken is slang for w*nker I assume? Thats what it means here in the UK.....?

I'm thinking Chokey Chicken is one of our female posters?

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
What am I supposed to "learn" from this thread?

That women should not be allowed to use their appearance to get publicity?

Come on, dude. Put out a SPECIFIC point.

Problem: Sexism. and Solution: Talking. is an epic cop-out.

What EXACTLY is wrong with discussing the appearance of female metal musicians and how EXACTLY do we fix it?

Once again, no, I don't think women shouldn't be allowed to use their appearance to get publicity. I think people should be able to do whatever they want with their own bodies. Like I said before, what I'm against here has nothing to do with the actions of women, it has to with the actions (and opinions) of men.

So to be even more specific than last time, here are things I'm against:
- Men who treat female musicians differently than they do male musicians
- Men who assume females can't play or know as much as men (Like the sound engineer who walked over to twist the volume knob on my sister's guitar when she didn't have sound... she is a goddamn guitar player, she knows what a volume knob is and she did check it already)
- Men who think female musicians have to act like male musicians ("This is too girly, gay, pussies, not true metal")
- Men who think female musicians are NOT allowed to act like male musicians (Fvcking dykes, is she a boy or girl, show your boobs!")
- Men who make bands with females in them out to be a separate genre ("We already have Halestorm, Evanescence and Paramore, do we need another girl-band?" Yes I actually read a review like that in a swedish guitar magazine)
- Men who can see 500 bands getting undeserved attention and lash out on just the one band that has a female in it as if her crime is somehow worse than being an overrated dude

Those were a few examples. Not accusing anyone here of anything, just putting it out there. And yes, my solution to this is talking about it. It's not a cop-out. What do you suggest, solving it with violence? How the hell is discussion a cop-out?

Eliguy666

Holy shit I've been inactive for awhile
Reaction score
Theoretical question: If "girl-bands" are a genre, can I start one full of death metallers in schoolgirl outfits regardless of gender?
I would rock that.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Once again, no, I don't think women shouldn't be allowed to use their appearance to get publicity. I think people should be able to do whatever they want with their own bodies. Like I said before, what I'm against here has nothing to do with the actions of women, it has to with the actions (and opinions) of men.

So to be even more specific than last time, here are things I'm against:
- Men who treat female musicians differently than they do male musicians
- Men who assume females can't play or know as much as men (Like the sound engineer who walked over to twist the volume knob on my sister's guitar when she didn't have sound... she is a goddamn guitar player, she knows what a volume knob is and she did check it already)
- Men who think female musicians have to act like male musicians ("This is too girly, gay, pussies, not true metal")
- Men who think female musicians are NOT allowed to act like male musicians (Fvcking dykes, is she a boy or girl, show your boobs!")
- Men who make bands with females in them out to be a separate genre ("We already have Halestorm, Evanescence and Paramore, do we need another girl-band?" Yes I actually read a review like that in a swedish guitar magazine)
- Men who can see 500 bands getting undeserved attention and lash out on just the one band that has a female in it as if her crime is somehow worse than being an overrated dude

Those were a few examples. Not accusing anyone here of anything, just putting it out there. And yes, my solution to this is talking about it. It's not a cop-out. What do you suggest, solving it with violence? How the hell is discussion a cop-out?

What is talking going to solve?

Everyone treats everyone differently because everyone is different dude. That's humanity.

We're not all the same.

Quite frankly, bands with women singing ARE a different style. They sound different.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Further: You're claiming to be some great enlightened educator.

Please point out EXACTLY why I am a sexist and how to fix it.

flint757

Reaction score
You have reading comprehension issues.

He used himself as an example as to the success of discussion on the topic. He said he was a 'douche' until his friends called him out on it. As for you, I doubt anything anyone does or says will change your opinion. You're far too jaded.

Also, really? So bands with female drummers, bassists or guitarists have some sort of girl funk they spew all over their music? You're ridiculous. :lol: Yes, women singers sound different, but then again so do girly sounding guys. Girls can be in bands and NOT be singing, yet still be objectified by metal heads.

troyguitar

Reaction score

He used himself as an example as to the success of discussion on the topic. He said he was a 'douche' until his friends called him out on it. As for you, I doubt anything anyone does or says will change your opinion. You're far too jaded.

Also, really? So bands with female drummers, bassists or guitarists have some sort of girl funk they spew all over their music? You're ridiculous. :lol: Yes, women singers sound different, but then again so do girly sounding guys. Girls can be in bands and NOT be singing, yet still be objectified by metal heads.

That's why I said bands with women SINGING sound different.

Reading comprehension... you don't have it.

SINGING

SINGING

SINGING

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is talking going to solve?

Everyone treats everyone differently because everyone is different dude. That's humanity.

We're not all the same.

Quite frankly, bands with women singing ARE a different style. They sound different.

So with "what's talking going to solve" you're basically saying political debate is useless, ideas can't be shared, minds can't be changed etc. Well judging from your posts, I can see how you'd think your mind can't be changed from talking to someone else. But to quote yourself: "We're not all the same". I'm clearly not like you, because nearly every opinion I have is the result of discussions, reading articles and hearing good arguments from someone, who changed my mind. Because I listened with an open mind and didn't say "talking isn't gonna change anything".

Edit - About female voices, there's just as much variety in female voices as there are in men. You don't decide an all-male band's genre based on the singer's voice, so why should you with women?

Further: You're claiming to be some great enlightened educator.

Please point out EXACTLY why I am a sexist and how to fix it.

I didn't say you were a sexist. I said:
Not accusing anyone here of anything, just putting it out there.

I listed things I deem as sexist but accused you of nothing. If you feel something on the list applied to you, then I already told you why I think you're a sexist so why do you ask?

Furthermore I don't claim to be a great educator. You're making that up.

troyguitar

Reaction score
You look at it as your duty to "set people straight" when they are "wrong" - is that not being an educator?

Come on.

I know that you're not a bad guy, but here you are acting all high and mighty like you are better than [some amount that is not all but is certainly a large enough portion to matter? how can I say that correctly?] other men.

How can you claim to know the thoughts of others?

How can you claim to treat all people equally?

You're not Jesus H. Christ.

flint757

Reaction score
That's why I said bands with women SINGING sound different.

Reading comprehension... you don't have it.

SINGING

SINGING

SINGING

I read that and was pointing out how this discussion is not just about vocalists. You've stated that women should be treated differently because they are different. Musically you tried to justify this logic by pointing to vocalists. The only problem with that is that women fulfill other capacities in bands than just vocals too and are treated the same way regardless of that fact.

In any case, as JohnIce stated, women come in just as many different flavors as dudes do vocally. Last I checked musical genres weren't classified by the gender of vocalists.

Also, I personally would have gone with an even larger font. It totally validates ones points. :yesway: If I don't have to scroll horizontally to see it then it isn't big enough. :lol:

Latest posts

')