Dæmoness custom 6-string Cimmerian progress shots (laaaavly)

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I put down a deposit on a 2nd guitar from Dylan right around the same time as ordering my 7-string. For those of you not familiar with the 7, here's a pic:

IMG_4424.jpg

Anyway, this guitar is going to bear some similarities to make them look coherent as a duo, but it's also going to have a very different aesthetic.

Here's the spec:

-Dæmoness Cimmerian 6-string body. "Contemporary" top carve
-Swamp Ash body, 3-pc birdseye/flamed maple neck w/birdseye board
-5A flamed maple top, matching headstock overlay
-BRIGHT PINK stain (!!)
-decorative 12-th fret inlay design (secret for now)
-Black bound neck and h'stock
-Schaller Hannes bridge, Sperzel locking tuners
-Pickups to be decided

So, this thread won't be as picture intense as the build thread for the 7-string.

Here is the first batch of pics, as you can see, the build has already progressed quite far.

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

Finally, this always makes me chuckle when I see it:

IMG_0038.jpg

Also a little thing worth mentioning is that this was comissioned before my endorsement with Bernie Rico Jr guitars. Bern knows what's going on and all is good :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome looking flame, can't wait to see the color on that and what you guys have come up with for an inlay :yesway:

Jontain

Reaction score
Really love dylans work, looks amazing!:hbang:

High quality bullshit:lol:

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Cheers dudes, it should be eye-catching to say the least :lol:

Customisbetter, EAGLE EYES! Yep, it's in for a setup.
Rashputin, indeed that's the bridge. Awesome piece of hardware. Mine will be straight up chrome or nickel though, not with gold screws.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Oh, and I also got a snap of jbcrazy's guitar, which is being built alongside. Not sure if I should post it, or let him have that right. It's pretty insane.

jbcrazy

Reaction score
Post it Nolly. :) Haha. I don't think I have the resources for a guitar build thread. I live too far. The maple in this particular build is insane. Dylan really gets nice figured tonewoods... really impressed. We don't get a cool shot of the swamp ash back, but from the neck cavity, it looks ridiculous as well.

So the bright pink, are we thinking like a Peptol Bismol type pink?

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Alrighty then, since JB has given the ok, here's his redwood-topped Cimmerian:

IMG_0027.jpg

Dylan's gone for a more classic PRS-style carve on that one, looks and feels very classy. I daresay the top looks even more fiery the Infernodroid

Also, here's a shot of the back, not sure how I missed adding it to the OP:

IMG_0019.jpg

The pink is going to be as obscenely lurid as can be. Dylan is going to be bleaching the top to give as white a base as possible for the stain. Looking forward to rocking it into college and turning heads :lol:

jbcrazy

Reaction score
Thanks for the pick. Woohoo.. Looks insane.

Yes Dylan is really cool. I think between your carve, and how he asked me to give him my favorite carves, shows you how the guy really builds a guitar to YOUR tastes in every meaning of the word. I told him I like more PRS type carves and voila its done. I think we're going to do a slight black burst to a black back but I am not sure.

I hope these two get done nearly the same time. :)

-Nolly-

Reaction score
^ Yeah, very much so.
The burst could be cool, but the back on yours is pretty cool too, I'll send you a pic.
And yeah, the two are being built together, though yours has been a little bit further along until today pretty much.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
holy crap that top!

Dylan is going to get a LOT of business if you keep posting photos like that. :)

Rashputin

Reaction score
Alrighty then, since JB has given the ok, here's his redwood-topped Cimmerian:

IMG_0027.jpg

Dylan's gone for a more classic PRS-style carve on that one, looks and feels very classy. I daresay the top looks even more fiery the Infernodroid

Also, here's a shot of the back, not sure how I missed adding it to the OP:

IMG_0019.jpg

The pink is going to be as obscenely lurid as can be. Dylan is going to be bleaching the top to give as white a base as possible for the stain. Looking forward to rocking it into college and turning heads :lol:

Holy &%#/
:shred::mrburns::djent::partyhat:

')