Dæmoness custom 6-string Cimmerian progress shots (laaaavly)

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Freestyler8

Reaction score
This is epic. That neck/fretboard/inlay is absolutely amazing. I must say though, I'm not keen on the massively bulky side 'dots', but its your axe.

Intrigued by the pink stain too. Hopefully it will be killer.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
This is epic. That neck/fretboard/inlay is absolutely amazing. I must say though, I'm not keen on the massively bulky side 'dots', but its your axe.

Intrigued by the pink stain too. Hopefully it will be killer.

Wicked, cheers man. Yeah, the side blocks aren't going to be to everyone's taste - even Dylan himself isn't a massive fan of them, but I asked for them to be that way for maximum visibility on stage. Personally I love the look of them too!

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
IMG_0181.jpg

Quilted maple is generally regarded to flimsy to use as a fretboard, but since it's a personal guitar Dylan doesn't mind the risk.

Damn.... :holy:

Is it just me or does it seem like Dylan has cleaned up his shop a bit?

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
i just got my quote back from Dylan. Im hoping i can put a deposit down on a custom in jan, and i think im going to go with daemoness. i just dont know if its going to be a 7 or an 8. now i need to think of an inlay, because it would be a waste NOT having him do one.

daemonessaxes

Reaction score
On the subject of the quilted fingerboard, flimsy isn't the word I would chose. All maple/acer/sycamores are incredibly strong woods, but some types are more suitable to some uses than others. Most of the nice maple fingerboards you see on say, musicman guitars are from Canadian rock maple which grows in high, cold conditions and thus grows very slow and tough. There are also methods of impregnating resin into fingerboard woods for durability. The ideal fingerboard wood is probably something oily like rosewood as this repels moisture and and holds up nicely to many hours of playing without getting too fucked. Maples look nice but the dirt and wear shows as dark against the light wood quite quickly, so I recommend keeping them clean and oiling them regularly, unless you want to spray finish on the board like fender, which feels appalling. Basically what I'm saying is that you can have any maple you want on the fingerboard as long as you clean and oil the fingerboard regularly to nourish the wood and prevent dirt from penetrating into the grain.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Wow, is it dylan himself that does the inlay ? Whoever does the inlay work does, hands down, the best inlay work that I have ever seen. I cant wait till the day I have the money for a Daemoness.

Jontain

Reaction score
Looks stunning, really dig the white binding on the marked frets, still cant get over that inlay too, that pale woods of the guitar really draw your attension to the eye.

NeglectedField

Reaction score
If Roo's 7 doesn't convert me to Daemoness for my Pipe Dream Custom Guitar, this will.

I think the Daemoness trademark headstock looks better reversed like that as well.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Sorry if you already said so earlier in the thread, but what pups are going in?

I don't think I've actually said yet! It's looking like it'll be a Bare Knuckle prototype in the bridge, with a DiMarzio Chopper in the neck (will try and convince BKP to make me a single-sized humbucker to put in there at a later date though!)

Latest posts

')