Dæmoness custom 6-string Cimmerian progress shots (laaaavly)

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Freestyler8

Reaction score
BKP's factory is in Falmouth whihc is only about 15 minutes drive from where I live. Nolly is in Bath. I was there recently and its about 4 hours away.

Sorry for jumping in on that one, Nolly. :)

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Yeah, as Freestyler says, it's about 4 hours.
I'm actually making the journey down for the first time this Friday, should be very cool. I'll be taking a camera and making a thread about it this weekend :)

nojyeloot

Reaction score
I'm actually making the journey down for the first time this Friday, should be very cool. I'll be taking a camera and making a thread about it this weekend :)

I could kiss you...:hbang:

Freestyler8

Reaction score

Ha, feel free to bring the Daemoness and/or BlackMachine and swing by my way. I'll throw in a cup of tea :lol:

I have thought about swinging over there with a camera but I've never had any dealings with them so decided against it.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

That should be awesome, looking forward to the thread :yesway:

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Is there anything you guys would be interested to see/know about the BKP setup? No idea what to expect really but Tim said he didn't mind me taking some photos etc..

Ha, feel free to bring the Daemoness and/or BlackMachine and swing by my way. I'll throw in a cup of tea :lol:

I have thought about swinging over there with a camera but I've never had any dealings with them so decided against it.

Hmm, might have time but our schedule is fairly tight for the return journey. PM me your email or number and we'll see if we can sort something out :yesway:

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Any "how it's made" progress pics would be MOST welcomed. Could be a bit too much to ask for though

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pics of pups in progress, the machines, info about the process, and that kind of stuff is always interesting :)

I'd also love to know what's up with the availability of some of the models that have been mentioned on the BKP forums such as:

62 Strat Set
69 Strat Set
T-Top Humbucker
Aftermath

:D

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Wicked, pretty much what I was planning on trying to cover. I'd really like to see the "camo" acid wash being done (or even have a go myself).

Techno, I can tell you that they're all available, they just haven't updated the website since the whole thing is being redone right now anyway. Both the T-top and Aftermath are available as calibrated sets too.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Techno, I can tell you that they're all available, they just haven't updated the website since the whole thing is being redone right now anyway. Both the T-top and Aftermath are available as calibrated sets too.

Awesome! Glad to hear they're all generally available now. I had heard the Aftermath wasn't generally availably yet as it was still being tweaked, glad it's ready :yesway:

jbcrazy

Reaction score
I see Dylan has taken a liking to Bareknuckles as well. Being from the same parts I am surprised it took him that long to get aquatinted with those pups.

Fred

Reaction score
I've already said as much, but I'll reiterate my request to see what the likelihood of coloured singlecoils is - the only thing that is standing between some BKPs and my Kramer is my mental image of fantastically tasteless colour combinations. If it's a straight no I guess I'll just have to settle for dull old black!

splinter8451

Reaction score
I've already said as much, but I'll reiterate my request to see what the likelihood of coloured singlecoils is - the only thing that is standing between some BKPs and my Kramer is my mental image of fantastically tasteless colour combinations. If it's a straight no I guess I'll just have to settle for dull old black!

You could always get those little single coil bobbin tops. If you are getting different colors on all the pickups then it won't matter if the singles don't exactly match whatever color the hum is. Assuming your Kramer is HSS I can't remember exactly :lol:

-Nolly-

Reaction score
I'll see what can be done Fred, but I think splinter8451's suggestion is probably going to be your best bet :)

I see Dylan has taken a liking to Bareknuckles as well. Being from the same parts I am surprised it took him that long to get aquatinted with those pups.

I'm pretty sure he was aware of them but I don't think he realised they would be in demand in his guitars - most of his previous customers have gone for EMGs, SD Invaders and DiMarzio X2Ns. :yesway:

abstract

Reaction score
I'd say you should get in on the "battleworn" process. See if Tim will let you use a big medieval sword. :lol:

Anything we can expect from the prototype? What characteristics are you going for?

All of this is reminding me of my aspirations to wind my own pickups. Does anyone know of a resource that can help with "proper" scatterwinding?

-Nolly-

Reaction score
I'd say you should get in on the "battleworn" process. See if Tim will let you use a big medieval sword. :lol:

Anything we can expect from the prototype? What characteristics are you going for?

All of this is reminding me of my aspirations to wind my own pickups. Does anyone know of a resource that can help with "proper" scatterwinding?

Haha, the battleworn finish is the result of attacking the covers with angle-grinders, sanders, chisels etc. Could definitely be fun to have a go at!

The prototype isn't my design or anything, it's a new pickup Tim has been working on. I don't know what I can or can't say so I'll err on the side of caution for now, but I'm sure it'd be ok to say it's a metal-oriented pickup with a new construction approach :yesway:

Sullen

In misery we rest
Reaction score
I know it's a bit childish but I couldn't help myself when I noticed this and photodhopped my vision of it XD:

IMG_0027.jpg

SSDylan.jpg

Latest posts

')