Dødheimsgard Cover!!! \m/ Guitar & Bass

• Thread starter Sumsar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sumsar

Reaction score
Hi people

I got a fair amount of new gear lately and have been wanting to do some covers and videos, so here is my first one, covering the intro to Dødheimsgard's 'God Protocol Axiom' from A Umbra Omega, enjoy:

In the past months I have been getting a new bass (Warwick Corvette $$), Seymour Duncan Blackwinter bridge pickup for my 7 string Broderick, a Peavey 6505 for home use along with a Two Notes Captor, all used in this video - I think the result is quite good, though it is ofc a pretty chaotic part.

I have never really practiced finger picking bass that much, so this track was a welcome part to put a lot of hours into it, and I am pretty happy about the level I have gotten to.

I didn't cover the entire track, cause it is 13+ minuttes long, so it would take forever to figure out by ear, which is what I did for the intro.

I might do other parts of this album as there is a lot of jems on it.

Feedback is always welcome :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KailM

Reaction score
Sounds great! Nice to hear this kind of sound for a change. :hbang:

Sumsar

Reaction score
Thank you!

And yes I guess it is a bit of a departure from the djent that usually find it's way to this site :)

Mwoit

Reaction score
Sounds rad. I don't practice the bass as much so I envy your finger playing skills!

Sumsar

Reaction score
Sounds rad. I don't practice the bass as much so I envy your finger playing skills!

Thank you! I have owned a bass for a few years now, but it hasn't been till recently that I have started practicing, so it doesn't take that long to get to that level. You just gotta do the metronome thing that you probably have done for alternate picking on guitar and you will get there pretty fast :)

justin_time

has terrible gear
Reaction score
Very cool riff and it sounds awesome in your cover.

I enjoy hearing this because it reminds me to dust off some Arcturus and Limbonic Art albums for listening.

Sumsar

Reaction score
Very cool riff and it sounds awesome in your cover.

I enjoy hearing this because it reminds me to dust off some Arcturus and Limbonic Art albums for listening.

Thanks.
I am curious regarding which Limbonic Art album this reminds you of? I have listened to Limbonic Art a good bit myself, but I don't find it very similar to Dødheimsgard to be honest?

justin_time

has terrible gear
Reaction score
Thanks.
I am curious regarding which Limbonic Art album this reminds you of? I have listened to Limbonic Art a good bit myself, but I don't find it very similar to Dødheimsgard to be honest?
I don't know many bands like Dodheimsgard, but the only Limbonic Art album I listen to much is Ultimate Death Worship. I mainly just enjoy atypical black metal I was not necessarily drawing any specific comparisons.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
hell yeah, nice tones and great choice for a cover. I have a bunch of parts figured out from Aphelion Void, it's a lot of fun to play.

Sumsar

Reaction score
hell yeah, nice tones and great choice for a cover. I have a bunch of parts figured out from Aphelion Void, it's a lot of fun to play.

Thanks a lot! Aphelion Void is also great, though I have a couple of parts for the last half of Blue Moon Duel figured out, so might do that sometime in the future.. right now I am working on a Behemoth cover with guitar, bass and vocals, so based on that I might try to also do Dødheimsgard vocals .. or not :)

Latest posts

')