D’angelico Guitars

• Thread starter jwguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwguitar

Reaction score
What do you think of the current D’angelico guitars? Do you own them or have your played them in a store? Also, why don’t they make a seven string hollow for jazz? That only seems like the right thing to do! If you own one post yours below. Here is my guitar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MYGFH

Music your GF hates
Reaction score
I tried one in the store, didn't jive with it. Bought a used epi dot instead. No real reason other than personal feel.

jwguitar

Reaction score
I tried one in the store, didn't jive with it. Bought a used epi dot instead. No real reason other than personal feel.
I get it. Everyone likes something different. I actually own both an Epiphone Dot (MIJ Elite Model) and a Dangelico semi-hollow. I like both for different reasons.

soliloquy

Reaction score
I've only played a handful of D'angelicos. Their single cut hollwobodies have always tempted me.
Almost all other singlecut semi-hollow or hollowbody type guitars always rub me the wrong way. Either the bodies are TOO big, or TOO thick, or something else just doesn't seem right.
In my opinion, whatever D'angelico does, they do it perfectly. I also like the way they look too

I may get one sometime later on in life. Though, given my love for electrics and solid bodies, i may buy one, and sell it shortly after.

jwguitar

Reaction score
I've only played a handful of D'angelicos. Their single cut hollwobodies have always tempted me.
Almost all other singlecut semi-hollow or hollowbody type guitars always rub me the wrong way. Either the bodies are TOO big, or TOO thick, or something else just doesn't seem right.
In my opinion, whatever D'angelico does, they do it perfectly. I also like the way they look too

I may get one sometime later on in life. Though, given my love for electrics and solid bodies, i may buy one, and sell it shortly after.
You know I bet those D’angelico single cutaway guitars are very comfortable to play. They certainly look like they are. I have a double cutaway DC model and it is a really solid guitar. If you are into solid body electrics they do make those as well. However, I have yet to try those out. They certainly look nice (especially the deluxe solid body guitars).

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought they were one of the better inexpensive hollowbody lines I've played.

jwguitar

Reaction score
I thought they were one of the better inexpensive hollowbody lines I've played.
I tend to agree. Their Excel and Deluxe lines are really well made instruments of professional quality. I think those lines of guitars are made by World Instruments in Korea. They have really nice fretwork.

')