'Da Vinci' church reveals secret code

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I dont understand the whole sand-forming-shapes thing. Anyone care to elaborate?

Steve

I'm a Happy Camper.
Reaction score
I dont understand the whole sand-forming-shapes thing. Anyone care to elaborate?

If you place loose sand on a flat surface and then blast sound at a certain pitch, the sound waves will cause the sand to move into a formation. Different pitches yield different sound wave patterns, and each pattern is always produced with a specific pitch.

or something like that.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Fascinating display. I look forward to reading more about this.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll have to give that a watch when I am not about to crash. The story is cool as heck though.

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
That was pretty cool.

That's pretty awesome. I wonder if it can be played on guitar.

Grom

New found sanity
Reaction score
I went in the Chapel maybe 2 months ago and you wouldn't believe how fascinating this Chapel is. I thought it would only be a place glorified by the novel but no ... You can really find some wacky and intriguing stuff there, such as stones depicting cereals which were discovered in America 50 years after the Chapel was built. And that's far from being the only weird stuff there. Stitch216 may add something to this (coming from Edinburgh ...)

BigM555

I SS.org Salute You!
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn! I knew I wasn't keeping up lately. Just posted a different thread about this. :(

Leave it to our Adminishredder to be ahead of the curve.

Thanks Chris.....sorry about the double post. :D

stuz719

Stoic. With a small "s".
Reaction score
The theory sounds like a load of twaddle to me.

:shrug:

The only vaguely factual bit I think relates, if I remember something I once read correctly, to when St. Ambrose arranged the modes and the scales were generally accepted as running upwards (i.e. increasing in pitch) as the previous model of having them running downwards was seen as 'ungodly'.

Link which appears to have some relevant information in it for anyone interested here.

')