D'addario Custom Sets for 8 string guitars and more

• Thread starter ricez
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ricez

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Eric Clemenzi, and I was encouraged by another forum member to post here. I have a direct deal with D'addario, and I can built custom sets for anyone on the forum. The base price for an 8 string set would be $8.50. Depending on the number of sets ordered, I may be able to get even more of a discount. The only addition charge would be shipping. Here is what I have in stock as of 1/3/09:

Standard 9's and 10's sevenstring sets
Single String Nickel Wound:

I also have some .007's and .008's as well. I have been using the 9.5 sets on my 28" neck, and they provide a great balance for me. If you need a few sets plus any Planet Waves Accessories, I can get those as well, and will work up a discount for anyone on the forum. Paypal would be my preferred payment method.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have a business/endorsement or something?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I can vouch for Eric, as he's a dealer of D'addario

ricez

Contributor
Reaction score
I own a teaching studio and do some retail on the side. I have deals with Peavey, Washburn, Morley, Ebtech, D'addario, Dunlop, Planet Waves, Sabian, and Fernandes. I get some pretty good deals on most items, so if anyone is looking for gear(especially in the MA area, as shipping adds up quick), let me know.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I own a teaching studio and do some retail on the side. I have deals with Peavey, Washburn, Morley, Ebtech, D'addario, Dunlop, Planet Waves, Sabian, and Fernandes. I get some pretty good deals on most items, so if anyone is looking for gear(especially in the MA area, as shipping adds up quick), let me know.

Hey Eric. Could you send me a private message with your phone # and/or email? I have a few questions for you regarding this. I'm in MA as well :yesway:

ricez

Contributor
Reaction score
Here are a few prices for anyone interested in building custom sets:

D'addario Plain Steel: $.95 Each

XL Nickel wound: .017-.036 - $1.15 each

XL Nickel wound: .038-.049 - $1.25

XL Nickel Wound: .052- .074 - $2.00

I am putting together a D'addario order right now. I need a minimum order to avoid surcharges, so I will only be able to do them once every few months(unless there is more of a demand). Also, for standard packs of 7 string sets with and addition low or high there is a little more of a discount since the set is already packaged. If you are not in the North Shore MA area, I can ship for an additional fee.

Also, NAMM deals on Morely/Ebtech this month. Let me know if you need pricing.

Thanks!

hanachanmaru

Reaction score
Well just to ask can thoese .007 be strung thru a 27" for high A ? sorry is my first time and would be getting my 8 string monster months sooner ;)

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
Well just to ask can thoese .007 be strung thru a 27" for high A ? sorry is my first time and would be getting my 8 string monster months sooner ;)

I highly doubt that wouldn't break on you. Really I haven't seen any High A products that work other than Goodmans.

ricez

Contributor
Reaction score
The D'addario .007's break on my 23.75" scale neck at A - they last about a minute before snapping.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Eric, how do these things come packaged? I've been moving away from Just Strings, because by the time you get halfway through a bag of 12 strings, they start dying. Are these singles in paper packaging (like the stores have), or are they vacuum sealed?

ricez

Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the D'addario singles are not individually vacuum sealed. If I buy a bulk pack of plain singles, they come in the vacuum sealed pouch with a zip lock type deal, but I haven't received any wound singles that way.

KBELLO33

Reaction score
Hi, How do you buy a set of strings for my guitar 8-string?
I usually use the 009, what do you suggest?

Hi!

My name is Eric Clemenzi, and I was encouraged by another forum member to post here. I have a direct deal with D'addario, and I can built custom sets for anyone on the forum. The base price for an 8 string set would be $8.50. Depending on the number of sets ordered, I may be able to get even more of a discount. The only addition charge would be shipping. Here is what I have in stock as of 1/3/09:

Standard 9's and 10's sevenstring sets
Single String Nickel Wound:

I also have some .007's and .008's as well. I have been using the 9.5 sets on my 28" neck, and they provide a great balance for me. If you need a few sets plus any Planet Waves Accessories, I can get those as well, and will work up a discount for anyone on the forum. Paypal would be my preferred payment method.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions!

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
does d addario have a .80 gauge guitar string, not bass? then i would be interested

')