Daemoness Emporer Souther 7

• Thread starter Lewk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lewk

Reaction score
Yo! All the pics and kudos Adam has been giving Dylan over here pushed me over the edge a couple months ago so I put down a deposit on a Daemoness. This thread is probably a bit premature as Dylan only ordered the wood yesterday and probably wont start cutting it for a while. So there's not gonna be alot of pics to share yet. But, aaaannnnyway...!

After chatting with Dylan on the phone we discovered we both dig Anime. I mentioned the movie 'Fist Of The North Star' and Dylan has since been educating me on the origins of the movie - 'Hokuto No Ken'. To say he has a huge hard on for HNK would be somewhat of an understatement:lol:

So we're going for a concept guitar built around a character called Souther: a sociopath that uses kids for slave labour who has renounced emotions and is an all round bad ass.

I went to Dylans shop yesterday to go over the details and play a couple of his guitars. I was originally going to go for the Cimmerian (RG/Strat) body that Adam, Roo and JBcrazy have gone for but after playing a black Atlantean he had in the shop I fell in love with the body shape, it feels great and has amazing balance. Plus it looks like a Klingon battle axe or a guitar Fred Flintstone would rock.

Woods are ash for the body with a maple quilt top. Maple neck and birds eye maple fingerboard. Quilt overlay on the headstock. Dylan was really accommodating with me when I was telling him how aesthetically I wanted the grain on the neck to be etc...

Hipshot hardware and Bare Knuckles (not sure which yet). I originally wanted to go H-S and Tim said he would wind single coils for a 7 string but I'm not sure if I want H-H or H-S now :s

It's gonna be a white wash like the Broderic LACS on the top and solid white on the back. Black binding up the neck and on the headstock. Gold hardware, gold decal (the decal looks very sexy) and even gold friggin frets. Dylans sourced some alloy or something for the frets.

Dylans already done some sick art for the fretboard inlay.

img1877.jpg

img1878a.jpg

img1880rq.jpg

img1881mj.jpg

img1879cu.jpg

Going with the Kanji on the botom pic and the top image of Souther. The Kanji reads:

"Ai yue ni (because of love)
Hito wa kurushimaneba naran (people have to suffer)
Ai yue ni (because of love)
Hito wa kanashimaneba naran ( people have to feel sad)
ai yue ni
(because of love)"

The Kanji on the fretboard is going to be in red. Souther is gonna be in blackline and have a few different materials in the inlay, brass, MOP, iron dust iirc (can't remember exactly what Dylan said). It's going to have his 'bloody cross' attack on the face of the guitar in opaque red. And art on the back of post apocalyptic buildings in black line. The trussrod cover is going to be ebony and getting his cross icon inlaid in mop.

I'm just a teeeeeny bit excited :p

Pat yourself on the back if you read all of that haha :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
That's going to look the tits! what scale length have you gone for?

I'm a big fan of Fist of The North Star too, I must find that some where.

Btw, still got the Randall cab I traded you?

splinter8451

Reaction score
Dude awesome idea. I love Fist of the North Star :D I need to finish watching/reading them sometime.

I am very excited for this.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
If you're not sure about H-S or H-H, go for some coil tapping.

I love the inlay ideas, but somehow I think they would be better without the text

Reaction score
He's a bloody fine artist and craftsman. I can't even begin to comprehend the amount of skill and time/patience that inlay will take.

Soulwomb

Reaction score
haha next you should get a guitar with Kenshiro all powered up going ATATATATATATATATATATATAT as your next inlay. With the art on the body of a guys head exploding haha that would be epic win.

Jontain

Reaction score
Not another daemoness thread,

Captin she canny take these levels of awesome!

Lewk

Reaction score
Thanks all, Dylans shop is only about 30-40mins away from me so when building starts I should hopefully be able to pop in now and then and take some pics of progress :D Yea, maybe coiltaps. But I've never been that impressed by coiltaps. I don't think the inlays going to be that challenging for Dylan.

haha next you should get a guitar with Kenshiro all powered up going ATATATATATATATATATATATAT as your next inlay. With the art on the body of a guys head exploding haha that would be epic win.

hahahaha man, don't think it wasn't discussed!! But we thought it would be too obvious and c'mon a Ken guitar would have to be a 6er. It'd be bad ass, though. It could have "You're already dead" inlaid up the neck :p I've been trying to egg Dylan on to convince someone else to make another HNK guitar along side mine. I reckon the complete set should be made lol! Although, I never got a reply from Dylan about my idea for a jazz box 'Heart' guitar ahahah. I know he's tempted to do a certain HNK character guitar for himself, but if and when I don't know.

Soulwomb

Reaction score
Yeah its pretty cool though that your going with a different character instead of Kenshiro. But it would be awesome if someone could make something using Rei that would be pretty awesome.

On a side note though Souther did fight Raoh once so maybe you guys could do that.

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
This is going to be one of the coolest guitars EVER. Can't wait to see it man.

Lewk

Reaction score
wow! The enthusiasm here is great! I'm not sure who's looking forward to the guitar more now, though - me or the forum haha :D

I reckon a matching white, gold and red case would be in good taste too but it would probably work out to be loads of money to get a custom case made.

')