Daemoness Emporer Souther 7

• Thread starter Lewk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rcsierra13

Reaction score
Haven't been any updates on this? Have been really looking forward to seeing this :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lewk

Reaction score
Not really!I E-mailed Tim at Bare-knuckle and he suggested the VH2 in the neck and Rebel Yell in the bridge and Dylans ordered them with black covers.We're going with the gold Hipshot open geared tuners but with 'standard' smaller buttons.

468.jpg

and the gold Hipshot 7 bridge.I was tempted to suggest getting a gold Ibby ZR or even a Kahler bridge purely for looks but I really never use trems.So it would have been an exercise in vanity plus those buggers are expensive! I've asked Dylan to order a set of black saddles with the hipshot.I think it'll look the bomb with the pickup covers being black?

322.jpg

rcsierra13

Reaction score
Not really!I E-mailed Tim at Bare-knuckle and he suggested the VH2 in the neck and Rebel Yell in the bridge and Dylans ordered them with black covers.We're going with the gold Hipshot open geared tuners but with 'standard' smaller buttons.

468.jpg

and the gold Hipshot 7 bridge.I was tempted to suggest getting a gold Ibby ZR or even a Kahler bridge purely for looks but I really never use trems.So it would have been an exercise in vanity plus those buggers are expensive! I've asked Dylan to order a set of black saddles with the hipshot.I think it'll look the bomb with the pickup covers being black?

322.jpg

Dude that sounds like its going to be absolutely BEAST! I love Hipshot bridges and I bet it would look freaking awesome with black saddles and black pickup covers and then pairing them with the gold bridge and tuners! Very classy IMO. :bowdown:

AChRush1349

Causal Anomalie
Reaction score
I always wanted a guitar with the Broderick whitewash finish...it's so gorgeous. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
wow, seeing how incredible the inlays turned out on the RSF guy's guitars, i cannot wait to see this one completed!! im unfamiliar with the body shape you mentioned you're getting, but no doubt it will look amazing. especially with the broderick influenced finish :yum:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah so, after this is done I think I will get a 4th heart attack... First Nolly, then Roo, then JBCrazy, and now you... You lucky people :lol: this will be great! Another awesome thread to look forward to! :)

Lewk

Reaction score
Ta for the comments!Here's the Atlantean body shape SYLrules88 (cool name btw:hbang:

DaemonessAtlantean_nat_1.jpg

DaemonessAtlanteanDDD7_09.jpg

DaemonessAtlantean_dm7_6.jpg

I originally wanted the Cimmerian body but after going to the shop and playing the black Atlantean with EMGs above my mind changed pretty fucking quick.

As well as looking awesome(opinion will divide here no doubt haha)the shape is really comfortable,freakishly so actually.Looking at it you'd think it would be neck heavy 'cause of that big top horn but it isn't,it has perfect balance.Dylan obviously took alot of time designing it from a practical point of view not just aesthetically.Although,honestly I think the wider 7string neck looks alot better on the body than the 6string neck.

...it looks fucking monstrous :shred:
oh, and it's going to get red dots where there's no inlay :D

rcsierra13

Reaction score
Back for my bi-weekly visit... or more lol. I like the Cimmerian body shape better but I thats just preference. The Atlantean looks beast but not my thing.

Reading more and more about Dylan's work makes me GAS for one ridiculously. All his builds just look like he puts more into his work than any other luthiers I've seen.

Where do you plan on having the strap locks? Cos I noticed in the pictures that each one has different positions.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
The 6-strings Dylan is building for jbcrazy and I are days away from completion, so this build should be underway pretty soon now. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses!

MrGignac

Sonderkommando
Reaction score
i love fist of the northstar, love the part where that viking is killing people and there jumping into his mouth and hes chewing them and laughing hahahah. i will def be following this thread. if i lived in EU i would def get a daemoness

gui94

Banned
Reaction score
this would be much cooler:
1296128843_90c44aa125_o.jpg

Of course you could add the lightning that goes all along the fretboard and something like this:

KAMEHAMEHAAAA!!!

Basically, it would be a Kamehameha Neck-through or something like that :lol: (or is it going to be bolt on :scratch:)

No, but seriously, that inlay looks nice :agreed: (of course not as nicer as my Kamehameha :fawk: :lol:)

Lewk

Reaction score
Back for my bi-weekly visit... or more lol. I like the Cimmerian body shape better but I thats just preference. The Atlantean looks beast but not my thing.

Reading more and more about Dylan's work makes me GAS for one ridiculously. All his builds just look like he puts more into his work than any other luthiers I've seen.

Where do you plan on having the strap locks? Cos I noticed in the pictures that each one has different positions.

Yea,the body shape is going to divide opinion to say the least.A guy on another forum made me laugh "You could use the third one as a spade for when you were out gravedigging or whatever it is you metallers do when you're not strangling people with your low B."Strap buttons will be in the same place as the white one above but recessed.

The 6-strings Dylan is building for jbcrazy and I are days away from completion, so this build should be underway pretty soon now. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses!

and I'm looking forward to those two ngd threads + you should do some vids of your Daemoness' just in-case you aren't already busy enough ;)

this would be much cooler:

Of course you could add the lightning that goes all along the fretboard and something like this:

KAMEHAMEHAAAA!!!

Basically, it would be a Kamehameha Neck-through or something like that :lol: (or is it going to be bolt on :scratch:)

No, but seriously, that inlay looks nice :agreed: (of course not as nicer as my Kamehameha :fawk: :lol:)

I never watched DBZ-always assumed it was some cutesy Pokemon crap?It's definitely going to be a bolt-on :)

Lewk

Reaction score
is it not cutesy Pokemon crap,then?I honestly don't know,I think I saw it on one of the cartoon channels once and wasn't impressed.

rcsierra13

Reaction score
LOL DBZ isn't that bad, its a good way to start getting into anime... but when you are about 12. Mind you anime should only really be watched subbed not dubbed, it loses much awesomeness in the process.

Lewk

Reaction score
word.I'm working my way through HNK and I can't imagine any of the voice acting so far being western and authentic.Especially as the voices are such a huge part of the character.I also suggested an Akira Testuso/Mutation theme which I think could be farking amazing but where do you stop?If I won the lottery I think Dylan would be making a concept guitar for every HNK character(Bart,Lynn and Bell could share a guitar,though haha).

-Nolly-

Reaction score
and I'm looking forward to those two ngd threads + you should do some vids of your Daemoness' just in-case you aren't already busy enough ;)

Well, I'll be using both my Dæmonesses at the Mansons Guitar Show this weekend. BKP will be filming my demo thing so you should get to see them in action.

k508

Reaction score
Dude that sounds like its going to be absolutely BEAST! I love Hipshot bridges and I bet it would look freaking awesome with black saddles and black pickup covers and then pairing them with the gold bridge and tuners! Very classy IMO. :bowdown:

I think some gold pickup rings would keep the theme going as well. Black and gold.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Going with the Kanji on the botom pic and the top image of Souther. The Kanji reads:

"Ai yue ni (because of love)
Hito wa kurushimaneba naran (people have to suffer)
Ai yue ni (because of love)
Hito wa kanashimaneba naran ( people have to feel sad)
ai yue ni
(because of love)"

The first line of the Japanese in the bottom picture reads "おれの体は生ほれついて," "ore no karada wa nama hore tsuite," "my body will fall in love." You may want to get that translation looked at before you emblazon it on your fretboard forever. :cool:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ That's one scary thought...

')