Daemoness Emporer Souther 7

• Thread starter Lewk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lewk

Reaction score
Sorry,I should have mentioned that the Kanji in the pics were only demonstrative and taken from a translation book.The actual Kanji will be written by Dylans Japanese friend.There's no way that Dylan would get something like that wrong.You've gotta see the guitars in person to appreciate the level of detail that goes into them :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I am sure the artwork will be stunning, but this might be the nerdiest guitar I have ever heard of :D

Taskeruss

Reaction score
This guitar will be killer!! :hbang: I'm getting a pretty death metaled up Daemoness built at the same time as this one and the other one will wack up a thread when i have pics

Lewk

Reaction score
Hey!What are you having built?Details :D

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Sorry,I should have mentioned that the Kanji in the pics were only demonstrative and taken from a translation book.The actual Kanji will be written by Dylans Japanese friend.There's no way that Dylan would get something like that wrong.You've gotta see the guitars in person to appreciate the level of detail that goes into them :yesway:

Just checking. People get hilarious East Asian typos inked on their skin all the time. Well, hilarious for me. Not so hilarious for the guy who just got "General Tso's Chicken and Mushu Pork" in inch-high letters along their shoulder. Good to see you're going through the appropriate steps to make sure it really means what you think it means. :yesway:

General Tso's tattoo parlour? Here. http://hanzismatter.blogspot.com/2010/08/from-jamie-d.html

Taskeruss

Reaction score
Getting a 7 string Cimmerian,
mahogany body flame maple top
5 peice maple and walnut neck
ebony fretboard with an ebony overlay on the headstock and white binding on neck and headstock
getting a reversed espish headstock as well
was gonna go with a bolt on, but now going for a set neck and im gonna have some pretty aggressive carving on the inside of the lower horn (dam my stupid big palms)
all hipshot hardware and a set of nailbombs
same control layout as my Jpm with coil spliting on the selector and a push and pull volume
gonna be pretty freaking metal! haha :hbang:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
This build inspired me to watch the 1986 Fist of the Northstar film. Pretty awesome. Watched it in English though so the dubs were present aaand awful. Pretty well-known voice actors but man..some of those lines... "Listen, asswipe"

I like anime with the over-the-top wounds and delayed deaths and whatnot, brings me back to my childhood. Reminds me of ninja scroll. Now...more build pics!!

narad

Reaction score
have you watched the episodes?this guy unflinchedtesticle has most of them up on youtube:bowdown:as well as HNK2 and loads of other cool shit

YouTube - UnflinchedTesticle2's Channel

Nice - bookmarked. Funny what people can get away with on youtube. Do you know how Dylan's going to do your whitewash stain? Is it a double stain with some trans-black or darker color, sanded, and then sprayed over? I just switched my long-standing Ken Lawrence explorer order to this finish, so I'm trying to get some details on it. And trying to figure out if it's a scrape-edge or pearloid binding on that Broderick LACS.

Lewk

Reaction score
Yea,although I don't think the copyrights are applicable over here for some reason or another.I know that's something Dylan has gone over for the artwork on this guitar and he did mention something about it.He did say something about going over the top in black and sanding it back so it shows well through the white or something or another - I'm not very good at remembering the details!There should be some pics of the wood soon.

Roo

THE THICKNESS
Reaction score
More people should definitely commit to the atlantean, apparently the balance and where it sits are just awesome!

Congrats man, this is going to rock multoballs!

Lewk

Reaction score
Ta Roo!

Went to the shop and took some progress pics!

15417946669622677560518.jpg

14937746669617177560518.jpg

15485846669609177560518.jpg

15599646669602677560518.jpg

14886746669576677560518.jpg

iopbp.jpg

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Man, that guy does good work. I don't favor the body style, but regardless, I can DEFINATELY appreciate it.

narad

Reaction score
Awesome. *Finally* Daemoness updates that involve pictures! So that's just the double-staining process there? Stained the dark blue and sanded back a bit to better define the quilt after more trans-white goes over it?

Lewk

Reaction score
AFAIK he's only put a bit of dye on the top so that the grain can be seen better :) I took quite a few pics including close up pics of your inlay btw but the pictures didn't come out that well.

narad

Reaction score
Damn. Well, I hope mine should be done soon, right? Since the last updates were pretty far along, I'm actually more interested in seeing your updates at this point!

Lewk

Reaction score
I've no idea how close yours is to being finished, sorry. I think he's doing yours, mine and Taskeruss' guitars together. I'll put a few pics in your thread but forgive the bad quality it looks much better in person! it's a 12Mpixel camera but I'm still figuring out how to use it!

42438626.jpg

')