Daemoness. Valkenbyrd. VII. Ia Ia Yog-Sothoth. Yup.

SilentCartographer

Creator as Observer
Reaction score
I find myself going back to this thread every other day or so, words just don't do it justice, anyway is this beast in your possession yet Major?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DancingCloseToU

Reaction score
It's already been said, but I just wanted to reiterate, that is some of the sickest inlay work ever.

MAJ, please tell me you've received this monster and you're too busy playing it to post the NGD... :shred:

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
I find myself going back to this thread every other day or so, words just don't do it justice, anyway is this beast in your possession yet Major?

It's already been said, but I just wanted to reiterate, that is some of the sickest inlay work ever.

MAJ, please tell me you've received this monster and you're too busy playing it to post the NGD... :shred:

Not yet guys! The case is being constructed. Flight cases take a little time it seems, and that's the only misfortune with that shape is it will require a specific case. Plus it'll be heavy; the Atlantean was in one and it was a lot to lug around. However, there are fewer safer boxes to contain a guitar. I'm patient, and quite fine waiting for the proper coffin for it to slumber. Hopefully it won't be too long, and I'm going to ask Dylan to use the old phone camera and record some disgusting riffage to satisfy everyone until it arrives. He told me the pickups are sinfully hot and the thing reverberates like a monster awakening. That sounds perfect to me!

SilentCartographer

Creator as Observer
Reaction score
No worries, I wouldn't carry it around in anything less.. The NGD is going to be boss and looking forward to it. that will sound s pretty blackmetalist kreig, btw are those Black Winters? Im assuming they are with trhe SD script.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
No worries, I wouldn't carry it around in anything less.. The NGD is going to be boss and looking forward to it. that will sound s pretty blackmetalist kreig, btw are those Black Winters? Im assuming they are with trhe SD script.

Close: I based the bridge off Black Winters. I asked Duncan for a BW voiced pickup with a more Nazgul eq; higher mids but smooth highs and a bigger but still tight enough bass response. They choose the magnets, wind, etc. Turned out to be somewhat of a hybrid. The Neck is just a Duncan Distortion. I may have them make a custom neck down the road. I prefer fat, loud, ceramic neck pickups for metal; the searing Vai or Dimebag tone.

SD made a hell of an awesome AV magnet Black Winter bridge for me and it's my current favorite. Everything the BW has but darker and throatier (for a bright guitar). I'm confident this set will rule!

SilentCartographer

Creator as Observer
Reaction score
Damn, I'm quite sure they will as well. Out of the two, Nazgul and BW, which would you say has a tighter bass response? I like the tone Aaron has with Intervals' In Time EP, and I'm pretty sure last time I talked to him he said he used Nazguls for the bridge but I could be wrong, that was quite awhile ago, boss EP. I'm still pretty hooked on D-activators for lead but I would like it if it was a bit less "polished/round" and a bit more raw for the lead tone.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
That's a good question to ask him. I thought he was digging the Pegasus, and know he had one in his .strandberg*. He's used BKP Aftermaths in the past too. The Nazgul has a tighter bass response than the Black Winter, which is still tight but with a flatter EQ that I notice across the board. The BW is a little more "round" sounding in the low end. The mid and high spike in the Nazgul helps it have a punchier sound that can get thin if the amp isn't EQ'd for it. Overall it's comparable to the Aftermath, IMO. Both the BW and Nazgul have a grainier, less polished tone than D-Activators, and I would say the Black Winter sounds better for leads. It really sings and has a lot of weight with individual notes, and the same is true for the Pegasus. The Nazgul is more of a riff based pickup with a dryer, aggressive tone, but again if you mess with your EQ settings to keep the highs in check it can really scream for leads.

SilentCartographer

Creator as Observer
Reaction score
Awesome, I've been really struggling with what to get for my S8, but a Nazgul / BW set may be what I'm looking for, this only thing is the size of the pickup routes on the S8 massive, and apparently Lundgren M8s are the way to go, but maybe I can get around that somehow lol. Anyway thanks for your opinion homes!

Renkenstein

Reaction score
What bridge is that? Your original specs listed a Schaller Hannes, but looks like you switched it up.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
What bridge is that? Your original specs listed a Schaller Hannes, but looks like you switched it up.

Apparently Schaller Hannes only makes enough 7 string bridges to fill Mayones orders...:wallbash:. So I switched to the tuning fork as a recommendation. Everyone has given it great feedback.

Full Daemoness album pics here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...1073741849.343480435798509&type=1&pnref=story

"Yog-Sothoth" Specs..

DAEMONESS VALKENBYRD VII

Swamp Ash body -
Quilt maple top -
Wenge and Bloodwood neck -
Ebony fingerboard -
666mm Scale length -
Stainless Steel fretwire -
Seymour Duncan custom shop Nazgul and Black Winter pickups -
Daemoness "Shredator" neck profile -
Set carve heel -
Hipshot locking machineheads -
Black binding -
Luminlay side dots -
1x Volume, 1 x 3-way switch -
Daemoness "Skeletorburst" finish -
Full "Yog-Sothoth" fingerboard inlay in aluminum and pearl.

There should be a video of these soon, so pay attention to The Daemoness Guitars facebook page!

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
Awesome, I've been really struggling with what to get for my S8, but a Nazgul / BW set may be what I'm looking for, this only thing is the size of the pickup routes on the S8 massive, and apparently Lundgren M8s are the way to go, but maybe I can get around that somehow lol. Anyway thanks for your opinion homes!

Fellow forum member Lorcan Ward did a badass demo of the Nazgul:

Gord Olson with w Black Winter 7z;

And for 8 strings this Nazgul one is awesome (can't find a BW 8 demo):

SilentCartographer

Creator as Observer
Reaction score
So Yog-Sothoth has officially been haunting my dreams, well one so far, night before last literally had a dream I owned this, exact colour, headstock, everything (I rmemeber just looking at the headstock in awe that I had a Daemoness), but unfortuneatly woke up and my dreams turned to ashes.. shes a cruel mistress.

Petie

Reaction score
Say, what's this?

The Daemoness Valkenbyrd VII | Seymour Duncan Blog

Daemoness-pickups.jpg

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
Yeah that's pretty damn cool! SD was really receptive to doing a piece on it since it features their custom shop work, and Dylan filled in the info. Brilliant piece of PR for Daemoness Guitars! I'm humbled that it's being received so well, and proud that Dylan's work gets displayed. Well deserved is an understatement. What's even scarier is that the upcoming builds and nearly complete guitars are going to be equally it more epic!

fogcutter

Reaction score
I was gonna say, I saw it on the SD Instagram this morning! Such radness.

Ernesto

Reaction score
In the past, I didn't really like flashy inlays, or pointy guitars, but after this thread, the past is dead. That thing is :bowdown: I had gnome player on random and it was playing stuff like Django, Atmosphere, and Animals as Leaders. By page two, I stopped that noise and put on YOB to really set the mood. Such an inspiring build!

Latest posts

')