Daemoness. Valkenbyrd. VII. Ia Ia Yog-Sothoth. Yup.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Is it just me or would a whole quilt top of that pink in the center be insane?

Yes, yes it would!

In the past, I didn't really like flashy inlays, or pointy guitars, but after this thread, the past is dead. That thing is :bowdown: I had gnome player on random and it was playing stuff like Django, Atmosphere, and Animals as Leaders. By page two, I stopped that noise and put on YOB to really set the mood. Such an inspiring build!

Wow I'm inspired by how much you are inspired! Cheers for the love :cheers:. This guitar is maximus excessimus for sure. I love the simple and deadly designs he makes as well, where some folks say "why you no inlay"? I say it's simple precision, and perfect in it's own way. But Dylan's abilities make my mind run wild, and I just cannot control the creative juices.

The case should be completed before long, and word on the street from a few people who have put their hands on it is solid. Neck is fast as sh!t, pickups too hot to handle, and overall the best quote yet: "monstrous". Sounds perfect to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score

So it has arrived safely and in one perfect piece! I'm absolutely besides myself. This guitar is metal personified, and brutal perfection. It's been a long time coming and damn it was worth every second of the wait and process. I hope this build thread helps current and future Daemoness customers with understanding Dylan's process, experience, and skills that are on full display, which I think were tested a bit. He surpassed all expectations. The entire experience was amazing and I look forward to repeating it in the near future.

Everything about this instrument is perfect for my tastes, and executed with the utmost precision. The neck carve and feel is spectacular, the scale, the bridge, the fretboard, immaculate fretwork, stability, weight, resonance and tone are phenomenal. Of course it's a real piece of eye candy too, and the theme was nailed to perfection. Aside of that, it was a dream to have a full custom guitar built to my specs, wood choices, and ideas. Dylan understood fully what was at stake here, and how to take a concept and create a masterful instrument fully capable of sonic obliteration. I am eternally thankful for the opportunity, attention to detail, and the professional craft that is Daemoness Guitars. And the shop continues to get better with each build! An even greater thing to note is gaining a great friend in Dylan, which adds immeasurable value to the experience and end result.

There will be a NGD posted eventually, as I'm still discovering the secrets this guitar offers and trying to tame the madness it holds. I don't want to just slap photos and a crappy clip up quickly, so it'll be within the next few weeks as I amass decent recording gear and teach myself how to edit video/audio. It'll be worth it.

Anyone being tempted to dive into a build with Dylan is wasting their time by not going for it. The reward is worth the wait ten times over, and the process is unlike anything you will experience anywhere else. You are investing not only in a world class instrument, but in the principles of metal. Throughout the experience you will witness artistic genius, precision craft work, and a man who cares as much about creating a phenomenal instrument as you do. That kind of dedication is priceless. The decision, rests with you.

zero_end

Lurker
Reaction score
Is that ETS bridge string thru body? or the strings rest at the bridge only?

Happy NGD by the way! Will be ordering from Dylan in a not so distant future ;)

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
Is that ETS bridge string thru body? or the strings rest at the bridge only?

Happy NGD by the way! Will be ordering from Dylan in a not so distant future ;)

Yup, there you go it's string through. It's a very comfortable bridge, not too dofficult to intonate and adjust action with. Very resonant. I think it's a perfect alternative to the Hipshot or other string through bridges if you are going for something different.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
The moment Dylan opens shop again I will place an order. Your guitar is probably the finest custom instrument I've ever seen.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
Thanks so much! It is a work of masterfull art and function. Dylan is the King of custom metal guitars. You will love the experience and be blown away by the results. There isn't a single Daemoness owner on SSO that say otherwise. I can't wait to get in my next order as well!

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Thanks so much! It is a work of masterfull art and function. Dylan is the King of custom metal guitars. You will love the experience and be blown away by the results. There isn't a single Daemoness owner on SSO that say otherwise. I can't wait to get in my next order as well!

Any videos/clips of you playing it? I've been brainstorming what I could possibly want and I have so many ideas. From what I have heard he is super involved in each build and suggests things and takes your idea and imagines the whole thing with you. Must be so much fun to work with!

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
Any videos/clips of you playing it? I've been brainstorming what I could possibly want and I have so many ideas. From what I have heard he is super involved in each build and suggests things and takes your idea and imagines the whole thing with you. Must be so much fun to work with!

Clips: forthcoming. I'm derelict in posting anything and I've had this monster for months. I'm in the military, and deploying sooner than later so my time is limited and I don't want to do a half ass NGD. I also don't want to hold off a whole year to either. I should have something up by the end of the month or sooner!

You have heard right about the Daemoness build process and working with Dylan. It was a blast! I would caution to say that I was probably more demanding then most or detailed in requests than most as far as the theme goes, but Dylan took my wild ideas and came up with something far more insane, IMAO. Everything is connected on this guitar theme wise, and stripping away the aesthetics, it's a brutal metal machine like none other. I'm seeing Dylan works best with a list of specs, and a simple phrased idea and he runs with it. The man has an endless imagination and the right tastes for his craft. He nails it with everything from outrageous theme builds to the most simple, stripped down instruments, all built with stunning precision and absolute passion. You will not be disappointed.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Would love to find out where he's sourcing the metal chrome headstock decals.
Can't find another reliable source since Best-Decals.com went belly up.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Clips: forthcoming. I'm derelict in posting anything and I've had this monster for months. I'm in the military, and deploying sooner than later so my time is limited and I don't want to do a half ass NGD. I also don't want to hold off a whole year to either. I should have something up by the end of the month or sooner!

You have heard right about the Daemoness build process and working with Dylan. It was a blast! I would caution to say that I was probably more demanding then most or detailed in requests than most as far as the theme goes, but Dylan took my wild ideas and came up with something far more insane, IMAO. Everything is connected on this guitar theme wise, and stripping away the aesthetics, it's a brutal metal machine like none other. I'm seeing Dylan works best with a list of specs, and a simple phrased idea and he runs with it. The man has an endless imagination and the right tastes for his craft. He nails it with everything from outrageous theme builds to the most simple, stripped down instruments, all built with stunning precision and absolute passion. You will not be disappointed.

I'm torn between a Jack the Ripper, medieval woodcuts of the plague (think the antichrist V inspired) or a dark, frozen, black metal theme. I've got plenty of time to brainstorm and finalize what I want so that's good. Then again, I'm sure a quick chat with Dylan would be enough to really figure it out. I'd be lying if I said that just reading what you wrote didn't get me more excited to order one.

Anyways, can't wait for the clips!

exo

Reaction score
You know you have a badass guitar when Seymour Duncan has not just done a blog post about the magnificent beast, but changed their Facebook cover photo to it....

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
You know you have a badass guitar when Seymour Duncan has not just done a blog post about the magnificent beast, but changed their Facebook cover photo to it....

So true. Pretty humbling really.

So I'm carving out time to record a couple short clips and edit some pics together over the next two weeks, so a NGD should appear sooner than later.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
Usually I'm not a fan of non superstrat shapes but this one is amazing dude.

Cheers! It's a niche guitar shape, and excess as hell but that's just the kind of thing I dig, and Dylan makes arguably the most metal version out there, IMO.

I feel you... I REALLY want a Valkenbyrd in matte black. The shape is just so damn extreme.

Dylan has said one of the most ultimate metal axes would be a stealth black Valkenbyrd VII with a reverse headstock, lo-pro original bridge, and EMGs. I cannot argue with that. You could literally see any death metal band in the world wielding that kind of weapon. It is perfection. :hbang:

Latest posts

')