Daemoness. Valkenbyrd. VII. Ia Ia Yog-Sothoth. Yup.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Really, there's only Dylan, and Grit Laskin. Our very own member Tyler is pretty talented, might make it to that level one day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
It'll be a while, but yeah, I'll post it on here. How much is this build costing you? -3D10+2D20 to SAN?
(We're friends if you get that reference.)

...Off the top of my head, RPG dice roll reference or math probability/variable reference. As far as cost, I'll just say it's costing me all the money! :lol:

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
...Off the top of my head, RPG dice roll reference or math probability/variable reference. As far as cost, I'll just say it's costing me all the money! :lol:

Money means nothing when you haven't the sanity with which to spend it!

lelandbowman3

Reaction score
Call of Cthulhu much?

I run campaigns constantly :)
Working on a Navajo-inspired story currently and I think it might be the end of my regulars' PCs.
But they might finagle a way out. I'm pretty lenient at following logic and allowing ideas that... "may be crazy enough to work..."

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
I found a couple pics that I missed in the original build thread. The neck second on the far right is mine, wenge and bloodwood with the quilted maple headstock, 666cm scale. I'm also adding the pickups everyone has seen here as well. The good news right now is finishing will resume shortly after the holidays so very early next year the whole batch should be in our hands!

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Holy shit, those pickups make it.

This totally gives me a legit idea to try and get with a guitar from Dylan at some point, when I have the money to. D:

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
My god that finish.

My god that inlay work.

Can we all take a moment to thank Dylan for being brought onto this earth?

shikamaru

Reaction score
oh… my… god ! Everything in this is just so crazy awesome. Those inlays are just nuts, and that finish, mind blowing !

stunning !

KhzDonut

Sam Valentine
Reaction score
Those inlays... Those pickups... That burst... :eek:

Sweet... Jebus... Things like that can't be built in real life, I am quite certain you made a pact with a transdimensional nether-being.

and...

It. Was. Worth. It.

*want*

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
oh my god ! Everything in this is just so crazy awesome. Those inlays are just nuts, and that finish, mind blowing !

stunning !

Dylan said this was the most technically challenging finish he has completed to date, which only means that even more wilder looking stuff is ahead for the next batch of Daemoness creations!

My god that finish.

My god that inlay work.

Can we all take a moment to thank Dylan for being brought onto this earth?

Indeed. I've heard through some circles he requires a certain sacrifice in thanksgiving... and by circles I mean the bottom of my empty pint glass. I certainly owe this man some drinks.

Those inlays... Those pickups... That burst... :eek:

Sweet... Jebus... Things like that can't be built in real life, I am quite certain you made a pact with a transdimensional nether-being.

and...

It. Was. Worth. It.

*want*

:mf666: Yeah it might end the known universe once played, but it will still be worth it.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
Time to update this thread as I did the Deamoness discussion in the dealers section. We are getting pretty close to hardware, setup, final QA/QC, and then the dreaded shipping wait!

Dylan has been working on calligraphy artwork for the control cavity which I think is one of the most awesome contributions Dylan makes to each instrument. This is the logo-theme stamp for the Valkenbyrd, or a concept in general, and it's super cool. I think this is a hell of a touch for each instrument type. I'm actually thinking these kinds of concepts would make for some very sweet inlay ideas, espcially for those stuck on whether or not to even go for an inlay. There's a lot to be derived and a lot of potential with that.

This guitar having a particular theme may have something even more unique to it. More to be seen in the near future.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
The back of the neck is barely visible, but damn it is thin and dark! Wenge with blood wood fillets. As I've previously stated, it's the first thing that comes to mind for Dylan regarding this guitar, and feels wicked fast. I'm beyond stoked, and looking forward to giving feedback to anyone interested in ordering that particluar neck profile.

')