Damaged m-307

• Thread starter JJ Rodriguez
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Picture009.jpg

Someone is selling this guitar for $250 Canadian. I really want a 307, but I'm wondering if this is repairable. He SAYS it doesn't go into the control cavity. It was obviously dropped and hit one of the knobs pushing in the wood enough to crack the paint, and probably the wood. Anyone here have any idea how to repair it? I'm sure it's just superficial (sp?) but it's still ugly. I might just buy it anyways since it's a kick ass price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
it looks like its just through the paint.

if anything, buy it and refinish it yourself. for $250, I should buy it lol

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
Ask for pictures of the inside of the control cavity. If it looks okay, then go for it.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
ya really for $250.00? is that the only damamge? the neck is Ok?
if yes I say sold!

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Now I'm gonna have to buy an air compressor to refinish this thing, and new pickups and possibly an OFR7. I hate you guys :lol:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
My V-250 is worse and it doesn't affect it at all.

V250_after.jpg

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't care about the playability, it's the looks, I'm a picky SOB :lol:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
All that needs to be done is have a tiny bit of wood filler put in, then sanded over...repeat...then refinish, and you have a nicer colour too, haha. The maroonish colour is okay but...it could be better, hah.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
if you dont get it tho man, Ill drive down and pick it up myself in freddy =]

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Not in Freddy, it's in NS. I'm buying it. He doesn't want to ship it but I might have someone in NS pick it up and ship it to me if I can't convince him. I talked to him and he's going to at least get a quote, which is half the hassle for him I guess :lol:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That doesn't look too bad, i've always liked the m-307s. I'd say go for it. :agreed:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
JJ Rodriguez, That can easy be repared. For that chips i use titebond or some putty, here know by "Poxilina" or "artesan putty".

And you can refinish the guitar with some spray cans, like duplicolor ones, they have some amazing tones, metalics, pearl, anodized. Freaking spray cans!

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
I'll echo pretty much whats been said here, think of it as a good excuse for a repaint....

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know if the trem in the 307 is a direct OFR swap? Looks kind of d(r)usty in those pics :lol: Masking off that binding is gonna be a bitch, not to mention all the sanding. Anyone got tips on sanding the back of the neck?

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
They just cover general sanding, I mean do people who sand the back of their necks use sponges, just take sand paper in their hand and run it back and forth on the back of the neck, any kind of contour sander, etc.

EDIT: Now that I think about, chemical stripping would be the easiest. I just don't know how paint stripper and acetone would interact with the plastic binding. Any thoughts?

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/chem.htm

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They just cover general sanding, I mean do people who sand the back of their necks use sponges, just take sand paper in their hand and run it back and forth on the back of the neck, any kind of contour sander, etc.

EDIT: Now that I think about, chemical stripping would be the easiest. I just don't know how paint stripper and acetone would interact with the plastic binding. Any thoughts?

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/chem.htm

If you tape the binding off, and are careful about it, it *should* be OK. You may want to sand near the binding, though...

')