Damien Platinum 8 vs Damien Elite?

AlejoV

Reaction score
Hey guys, I will grab an 8 string, and I'm torn between these both axes. Which one is better? Lookwise, I'm more into the Platinum.

Here's the Platinum:

schecter_damienPlatinum8.jpg

And the Damien Elite:

DamienElite8CRED.jpg

I think the Platinum looks better, but I want to know if the Damien has something to offer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Old Damien Elite (large cross inlays): Smaller scale (26.5'') bolt on, thicker gloss neck.
New Damien Elite (Small cross inlays): Bolt-on, thicker gloss neck, longer scale (28'')
Damien Platinum: Thinner neck, satin set neck (shaped like a neck-thru), longer scale (28'')

Just depends which you prefer of those specs. They're going to be similar quality-wise.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
I had the Elite for a little while but I didnt like the EMGs nor the forearm contour. Looks wise I perfer the Elite only because stain black looks odd to me. But that is just me. JazzHands has given you some good info.

GRIZ

djentleman
Reaction score
I like the way the elite looks. I just love quilted maple. Plus satin black is so ...plain.

Ive played both and they are similar in quality. Off of looks id go with the elite.

AlejoV

Reaction score
I think I'm going with the Platinum, since it is neck-thru and I think it might look better if I paint the EMG's white.

House74

Perfect Djentleman
Reaction score

I own both these exact guitars. Hands down, The platinum wins. The Elite is great and I still have it, but the 28" scale makes a huge difference in tone and playability. To me it has the feel of a much more expensive guitar, and at $500 USD that I picked mine up at shipped (used in mint condition) it's a great buy

Latest posts

')