Dance Gavin Dance apreesh

• Thread starter Cadavuh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
I know this band might not get a lot of love around here but their album Downtown Battle Mountain is one my favorite albums ever. Johnny Craig has one of the most amazing male voices. His vocal melodies along with the really awesome guitar melodies just makes for some amazing music.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

generation_trip

Reaction score
Going to see these next thursday - my fiancee is in love with this band im not to keen on them tbh but some of there stuff is good - plus johnny craig is no longer in the band they have a new vocalist think he is still doing emarosa though but yeah i do like some of there stuff.

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
Yea Johnny Craig left after Downtown Battle Mountain. The band just declined after that :/

generation_trip

Reaction score
Yea Johnny Craig left after Downtown Battle Mountain. The band just declined after that :/

I dunno i think the new vocalist does sound quite a lot like johnny though, its hard to tell the difference unless you know its a different vocalist sometimes.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
^ i hear you bro and feel your pain..i had to go to see Shaggy (yep!!) to show my wife that i was really keen!!!!

truth to be told i scored way later on, but it bought me huge brownie points!!!! :rofl:

generation_trip

Reaction score
^ i hear you bro and feel your pain..i had to go to see Shaggy (yep!!) to show my wife that i was really keen!!!!

truth to be told i scored way later on, but it bought me huge brownie points!!!! :rofl:

ahaha shaggy? oh dear i really do feel for you man lol that must have sucked.

least you got brownie points out of it aye :p

King Ian

Reaction score
I love the backwards pumpkin song. I definitely think they were strongest on Downtown Battle Mountain as I don't care much for their new singer.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
These guys are from my home town (or general area). I think my old guitar teacher has given various instrument lessons to different members (probably ex now though, it's been a while) of the band and some kid I know supposedly peed on the vocalist while he was sleeping on a couch at a party:ugh::lol:

Awesome band. They threw a free CD release show for their Sacramento area fans last year:yesway:

Not really, they still kick ass and the new Emarosa with Johnny Craig is fantastic so it's a win-win :lol:

pineappleman

Why can I not sleep?
Reaction score
Hmm... my friend showed me this band before, and I kind of like it now. I think I'll have to look into this further.

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
seen em about 4 times live, with and without Jonny. The new guy (Kurt Travis) is weak as hell live. Either way, it's true that they've declined since DBM, but it's still decent stuff for chill music.

dewy

Beet Farmer
Reaction score
Johnny Craig has the most fucking annoying voice ever. Kurt = superior. The music is way better on the new albums too.

Consider the Thief > DGD > Emarosa

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Johnny Craig has the most fucking annoying voice ever. Kurt = superior. The music is way better on the new albums too.

Consider the Thief > DGD > Emarosa

Disagree with the Johnny Craig part but I totally agree that Consider the Thief is head and shoulders above the other guys:yesway:

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
Loved this band since Downtown Battle Mountain. I personally love Kurt's voice a lot more than Johnny's, but that's just my personal opinion haha.

I have these guys on my 'workout' mix followed by like after the burial etc haha

dewy

Beet Farmer
Reaction score
Disagree with the Johnny Craig part but I totally agree that Consider the Thief is head and shoulders above the other guys:yesway:

Maybe its just because there's way too many Craig wanna-be's here and in Sac...go search for the bands Look Alive, We're Not Friends Anymore, and Hello Sailor, amongst others. Everyone tries to do that crazy high, overindulgent "look at me I can sing kinda" voice that Johnny popularized.

Also, this.

dewy

Beet Farmer
Reaction score
anybody else getting a Thrice vibe? i dig. :agreed:

Very much so. Their old stuff is more like old DGD/Emarosa. Their guitarist was Sean O'Sullivan who was the original guitarist and on Downtown Battle Mountain.

')