"Danceable" Metal

• Thread starter eleven59
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
This is definitely going to get me some flames :lol:

I love metal that you can dance to. Like, metal with a really solid groove/beat to it. The downside is that it's the kind of stuff that a lot of people hate (especially around here...Metal Ken, I'm looking your way :lol: ), especially when the bands didn't always play in that style. Some examples:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
that first vid was weird, half the time it was dudes and the other half it was chicks

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
that first vid was weird, half the time it was dudes and the other half it was chicks

I just happen to be covering that song, but I didn't have the good fortune of transform into a hot chick while I was playing it. Dammit.:squint:

As an aside, I'd always found this sound to be seductively ass-shakable:

D

Desecrated

Wait 19 seconds;

This has always had me dancing for some reason;

abyss258

Reaction score
mmm I love Trigger. And I agree about the whole groovability thing. It's nice, but I don't solely look for that kind of stuff.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I forgot about Pain - "Shut Your Mouth", one of my favourite songs/videos!

Some cool stuff there, especially that first video. And of course Primus and Rage are always welcome. Iwrestledabearonce was in my band's top friends for a while, interesting stuff.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think conditional probably fits into the "groove" thing, this song rules

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I should also mention that I never got the macho, "real" vs. "weak" metal thing. I don't get why metal has to be "tough", etc. I've always seen metal (at least, modern metal) as being a way of breaking the rules, defying expectations, and being loud/big/noisy sounding, bringing in any influences that they wanted to.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not real versus weak. It is more like real versus lame. What always attracted me to metal was that it is agressive, angry stuff that you bang your head to and run into other people while listening to it. If I wanted to dance, I'd do E and buy glow sticks like everyone else.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not real versus weak. It is more like real versus lame. What always attracted me to metal was that it is agressive, angry stuff that you bang your head to and run into other people while listening to it. If I wanted to dance, I'd do E and buy glow sticks like everyone else.

I dunno, that sounds like "real" versus weak to me, as weak would be the opposite of aggressive or angry.

')