"Danceable" Metal

• Thread starter eleven59
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightcrawler

thrashin`til`death
Reaction score
man, pop music with guitars is not metal.

if you want to dance, you can dance to anything. and who puts limitations on what qualifies as dancing anyways?

this thread = epic fail

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nerina

mermaidunicornnymph
Reaction score
OMG, WOW! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thankyou so much for starting this thread eleven59, I have been looking for new music, cause my ipod is constantly playing the same stuff, ( hence why I started the Australian band thread, of which I like many of those songs,) anyway, so I thought oh god, 'dancing metal' wtf? But I decided to listen to all the vids on the thread and I now have all those groups as friends on myspace, they are awesome, and I think I very much like Swedish metal, which I didnt know too much about previously, so anyway, thanks much, I'm having a blast listening to the groups :) :yesway:

This really made my day :D

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score

if you want to dance, you can dance to anything. and who puts limitations on what qualifies as dancing anyways?

this thread = epic fail

Fail? Nope.

He wanted to discover some good groove metal. :shrug:
His wording may have been off at first, but he explained he was just looking for something with a good solid beat and some groove.

Nothing wrong with that.

If you read the last page, he even acknowleges it:

I didn't think he was actually serious about dancing to it :lol: I just thought he wanted metal with a nice groove/beat.

On another note, I'd like to reccomend seemless. KSE's old singer = awesome!

YouTube - Seemless - Cast No Shadow

Uber Mega

Try my fist!
Contributor
Reaction score
Great song:

:hbang:

You can dance to Meshuggah aswell, as I demonstrate here (yes you've all seen it :D):

Nerina

mermaidunicornnymph
Reaction score
Fail? Nope.

He wanted to discover some good groove metal. :shrug:
His wording may have been off at first, but he explained he was just looking for something with a good solid beat and some groove.

Nothing wrong with that.

If you read the last page, he even acknowleges it:

:agreed: This thread totally made my day.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score

american head charge FTW :)

edit: i don´t think it´s the whole song, but you get the idea :p

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not seeing a lot to dance to on this thread.

This, on the other hand...

Is it 'metal'? Well, sort of...

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, if you wanted groove, why didn't you come to me? I'm obsessed with groove metal! I think it's missing from a lot of metal nowadays, but it's making a slow comeback. I think people are scared of making a solid back-beat groove through the fear of sacrificing some technical musicianship. But you can be groovey as fuckin christ on a pogo stick and still have technical music, just listen to Obzen.
Anyway, to some of my fav vids -

This is what i call 'chestbeating groove'. (can anyone hear where hatebreed/throwdown got their influence?)

Then of course there's good ol' stuck mojo, groovier than a fish

Classic groove metal

and of course, any Pantera :lol: particuarly By Demons Be Driven. That riff is so bluesy i want to milk a cat.
I couldn't find a vid for it but if u can get Damageplan - Crawl, the intro riff is so goddam dance-worthy i could eat a shoe. And of course, while i'm here, listen to "no more room in hell" by me :D SoundClick artist: Mattayus - Traditional heavy metal with a twist of prog, influenced by thrash and power metal with added groove

D

Desecrated

this thread = epic fail

I think your definitions of metal is a bit to tight, try to open your eyes just a little and you might enjoy music a bit more.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
i could care less about defining genres. i HATE labels of any kind being attached to music. and i think it's absolutely pathetic when people argue over whether or not a piece of music is this or that label :rolleyes:

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
Killswitch Engage? No wait, that's poppy metal, not dancy metal...

*Flames start*:evil:

MattyCakes

Banned
Reaction score
you aint gonna be dancing with any cute ladies to any of these songs sorry.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score

Disco Queen FTMFW!

A lot of people didn't like Scarsick, but I mostly enjoyed it, aside from the crappy quasi-rapping (which is odd, because he's done it much better in the past).

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Disco Queen FTMFW!

A lot of people didn't like Scarsick, but I mostly enjoyed it, aside from the crappy quasi-rapping (which is odd, because he's done it much better in the past).

I thought Scarsick was a great album, I tend to find they can go into realms of pretension in places, Be being a prime example, great album but so OTT it was scary. I own the DVD to that and its like watching an opera/theatrical production rather than a live performance.

Scarsick sounded like them stripping it away and just making good prog songs that stick with you, without going all mainstream.

Nerina

mermaidunicornnymph
Reaction score
How can you not get your groove on to this rhythm?

Well..............................since you ask.................:lol: The music is good.......but as far as the singing, I dont know how much I could enjoy sex, while in my head I'm going "shut up shut up shut up" :p

D

Desecrated

I dont know how much I could enjoy sex, while in my head I'm going "shut up shut up shut up" :p

That sounds exactly like a girlfriend I had...

What you people need is some real music to get your groove on to;

')