DANZA guitarist playing Agile Intrepid Pro

• Thread starter Raoul Duke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

joshdanza

Reaction score
I believe the Intrepids are 27", 28.625" or 30" scale. It's hard to tell from the photos, but judging by the proportions, yours looks to me like it might be 28.625".
well whatever scale it is its badass, :metal: thats why it was my main and the single pup agile was my backup. still was a good guitar but it was nothing like the main guitar. totally different feel and playability ? if thats a word lol
im going back to Ibanez now, so i guess i can let you know the difference i find between the two of them back to back if your interested. other than that... New Way Home rules... period:scream:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Danxile

Reaction score
that looks exactly like mine but I prefer the interceptor body over the intrepid

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I had both a bolt-on and a neck-thru Intrepid (28.625" scale) from the first run, and the neck-thru one definitely had a neck that was better suited to the kind of feel i prefer. It was a more evenly rounded shape, whereas the bolt-on one is a little thinner and a little flatter on the back.

spyderbreed

Reaction score
OT: i wonder how u guys can play a low E with that thin strings

i use a 90 for my low E and a 74 for the low A on my SC 608B
well its a matter of taste i guess, i was just curious ^^
:OTend

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Because most people don't need 22lbs of tension on a single string, unless we're talking acoustics.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
:agreed: I never really got all the people using tow cables on their guitars:lol:

+1 the longer I've played, the lighter my gauges have gotten, I think probably just because I've gained more left hand control over time, so the looseness doesn't matter, and I actually prefer the tone of lighter strings.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seconded... er.... thirded?

Also, I believe heavier gauge strings become less necessary the longer your scale goes (comparatively speaking) since the tension naturally goes up anyway.

Myself, I converted to lighter strings and my leads are 1000x cleaner and more to speed than before. Considering the RIDICULOUSLY stretchy sweep DANZA plays, light gauge strings make sense to me.

Dethfield

Advanced Prototype
Reaction score
I also prefer light gauge strings. Just so much easier to play, and have never had a problem getting good tone. Im actually thinking of trying .008's on my intrepid.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I thought a dude said it was about the scale length when he talked about it with Josh.

I heard also wanted neck thru, and Ibanez would only do bolt on. (I know Meshuggah's are neck thru, but for some reason they wouldn't do it for him)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I heard also wanted neck thru, and Ibanez would only do bolt on. (I know Meshuggah's are neck thru, but for some reason they wouldn't do it for him)

Seeing as Josh explained the Ibanez situation, it looks like all these rumors are just that, rumors.

')