DANZA guitarist playing Agile Intrepid Pro

• Thread starter Raoul Duke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
It would be interesting if Danza got an Agile endorsement, I think they'd be the most known band to be using them. Might help Agile expand a bit and get other artists on the bill.

I thought that I heard of someone trying and Kurt saying they wouldnt be endorsing any artists. I think something like that would end up with Agiles pricing going up though. Would be neat to see without an effect on the general consumer though

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
it isn't being silly to say that an ibanez endorser should be able to get access to something like a 30" scale on an 8 string. Danza arn't jsut brand spanking new upstarts, they are still new in the metal scene compared to meshuggah yes, but this guy should be able to get access to most of what meshuggah can get out of the LA custom shop

i'm not comparing danza to meshuggah their music is much to different, and i'm aware that meshuggah is revoluttionary

Like I told Rick down below, their new record is definitely Meshuggah influenced, but that isn't the point. The point is, Ibanez has been known to be extremely stingy with their custom shop, ie. public not allowed, different endorsement tiers, etc. Josh isn't even listed on their site as an endorser, so who's to say how much pull he has? The dudes from After the Burial are, and the most Ibanez will do for them is paint their guitars. Although, it appears now that Trent has a Reb Beach like cutaway on his, but I digress. So with what Meshuggah has done with music and the pioneering of 8 string guitars, especially when you consider the niche market that is anyway, there's really no reason to believe that newer bands should have the kind of access or pull that more established, even revolutionary bands have. Its just not logical. Note that I do love Danza, and this isn't a slight on them in any way.

I'm glad to see a band like Danza not only using 8 string guitars but also not in a "Meshuggah-like" way.

You clearly haven't listened to anything off the new record. If that isn't Meshuggah influenced, then I don't know what is.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
it appears now that Trent has a Reb Beach like cutaway on his, but I digress.

He actually did it himself and he wasn't sure if Ibanez was gonna be cool with it. :lol:

You clearly haven't listened to anything off the new record. If that isn't Meshuggah influenced, then I don't know what is.

I haven't heard the new Danza because it isn't out yet. ;)

Soulwomb

Reaction score
Haha even though it has nothing to do with there sound. When i saw them live Josh started playing some Stengah live and i was the only guy in the venue who went MESHUGGAH!!!

But the new stuff is so crushing live the Union oh jeez.

capo_fez

Guitar Tech/ Player
Reaction score
as a friend of Josh's, I can say it isn't a money issue. If he is rocking Agile, it's due to quality, not money.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Josh told me that they can't find anyone else who can play their stuff. :lol:

He told me that he wants a 2nd guitarist but the rest of the band doesnt. He said hed get one regardless and kick their asses if they complained :lol:

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
If he can hold it down with one dude they all make more money with fewer people in the band. I'm sure pulling off all the parts on the record is easier with two guitars though.

joshdanza

Reaction score
soo... ibanez and agile, both quality instruments for sure. Danza had a deal with Ibby before i was in the band. i got my hands on the 2228 and used it D3, figured why not try to get the deal again, didnt happen that way at all. thats when i found the agiles.
i tried to get a deal with them as well. i dont think the guy laughed at me, but it was just short of that lol. Still, they were so cheap why not atleast try it out ya know ? so i did, not bad at all if you dont mind playing on a huge neck. Ibanez will make what ever the hell you want.. whoever you are.. IF you have the money. i dont have ibby custom shop money at all. Meshuggah is a huge influence for me.. duh. So far the guitarist's that have jammed with us didn't workout at all.. Cale has been able to play the stuff and that rules, im still working on sorting out videos / tabs of D3.. i do want another guitarist, the rest of the guys don't. its a constant fight. hope this cleared up some stuff or helps out.

anyone have an RGA8 or played one by chance ???

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
soo... ibanez and agile, both quality instruments for sure. Danza had a deal with Ibby before i was in the band. i got my hands on the 2228 and used it D3, figured why not try to get the deal again, didnt happen that way at all. thats when i found the agiles.
i tried to get a deal with them as well. i dont think the guy laughed at me, but it was just short of that lol. Still, they were so cheap why not atleast try it out ya know ? so i did, not bad at all if you dont mind playing on a huge neck. Ibanez will make what ever the hell you want.. whoever you are.. IF you have the money. i dont have ibby custom shop money at all. Meshuggah is a huge influence for me.. duh. So far the guitarist's that have jammed with us didn't workout at all.. Cale has been able to play the stuff and that rules, im still working on sorting out videos / tabs of D3.. i do want another guitarist, the rest of the guys don't. its a constant fight. hope this cleared up some stuff or helps out.

anyone have an RGA8 or played one by chance ???

I played an RGA8 before getting a 2228 and it was a lot like the difference between a 7321 and a 1527. Felt decent but not great and the 2228 is significantly better feeling and sounding. If you're going to really beat stuff up it might be better to do it with a cheaper guitar but from what I can tell you have your shit together really well so I would stick with the 2228 or the Agile.

I cant imagine the leaps on a 30" scale agile compared to a 2228 though. Some of the tension on the first three strings for your tapping stuff must be pretty stiff.

joshdanza

Reaction score
I cant imagine the leaps on a 30" scale agile compared to a 2228 though. Some of the tension on the first three strings for your tapping stuff must be pretty stiff.
:scratch: im not sure where the 30" scale agile talk came from, but the one i play is a 27.xxx lol i cant remember exactly. but after talking to a specific guitar luthier from switzerland, he convinced me the 30" scale is going to be way to much for what im using the 8 strings for. a 27" seems to be perfect for me, all the tapping stuff has just enough tension for me. im not a tension freak at all, but you have to have good tension you know.:shred:
im using 72's right now and thats the BIGGEST string ive ever used. but being in E makes the scale, tension, and feeling just where i need it to be you know ? until i run across something better than this ill probly use this setup for awhile. the RGA looks pretty cool, and ive already played the 2228, i think im going to try the RGA8's with emg's and see how that feels in comparison to the Agile's.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
:scratch: im not sure where the 30" scale agile talk came from, but the one i play is a 27.xxx lol i cant remember exactly. but after talking to a specific guitar luthier from switzerland, he convinced me the 30" scale is going to be way to much for what im using the 8 strings for. a 27" seems to be perfect for me, all the tapping stuff has just enough tension for me. im not a tension freak at all, but you have to have good tension you know.:shred:
im using 72's right now and thats the BIGGEST string ive ever used. but being in E makes the scale, tension, and feeling just where i need it to be you know ? until i run across something better than this ill probly use this setup for awhile. the RGA looks pretty cool, and ive already played the 2228, i think im going to try the RGA8's with emg's and see how that feels in comparison to the Agile's.

Some guy earlier in this thread said you were playing a 30" agile I think and the pictures at the beginning of this thread made that guitar look huge so I just figured it was an 830.

Im in EBEADGBE with a .070 right now and it works pretty well. The tension across the first 7 strings is great but I could probably go a little heavier on the lowest E. It is what it is though and the 2228 rules for what I do.

KenAncients

Reaction score
You can shoot Josh a friend request on Facebook he accepts em all i believe. He was selling a 26 inch scale Agile and I asked him how the F sharp sounded on the 26 inch scale? From reading SSO I've heard its preferred to at least use a 28 or 30. But from him selling a 26 It seems this isnt his first agile. And btw the agile in the pic is a 28 scale (says josh and his guitar tech)

Reaction score
I spoke to Josh when they were down in west palm a few weeks back. He told a friend of mine that the reason he was rocking the Agile was because Ibanez wouldnt build him a 30" 8 string :scratch:. By the time he got on tour, he got a call from Ibanez telling him that theyre gonna build it for him :D. I guess they caved in

This is where the 30" discussion came from. :agreed:

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score

Dude. I saw you a while back in Amarillo when you were playing with Stray From The Path, it fucking ruled, and I'll be seeing you again when you come through with Danza in August. :metal:

Raoul Duke

This is bat country
Reaction score
Ultra cool you popping in here and posting Josh :metal:

Come down to Australia some time and play some shows :bowdown:

It's not that far :ugh: :lol:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Darren. Is that the exact same headstock that all Intrepids come with? These pictures make it look much longer than any pic on Rondo's site.
I really like these pictures, and am more impressed with Intrepids if this is the case.

I haven't made any changes to it since the second run, so i'm assuming the headstock they're currently running is exactly the one i designed after the first run were made.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score

I believe the Intrepids are 27", 28.625" or 30" scale. It's hard to tell from the photos, but judging by the proportions, yours looks to me like it might be 28.625".

')