Danza IV

• Thread starter Sikthness
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
My neck hurts so bad...was jamming out to Rudy x 3 on my friends super loud system and went a little too hard on the headbanging...gatdamn, that track is so fucking heavy. :scream::scream::scream::eddie::eddie:

This whole entire album is an absolute masterpiece. The reoccurring clean/ambient part almost drives me to sadness, the little breaks in between aren't all that bad to me. It's just a break from all the crushing grooves they deliver. Gah, so sick it makes me wanna :wallbash:!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I love Structures. :squint:

I'm not hearing the clipping you guys are hearing, sounds pretty damn good to me.

Structures FTW.

I think it's just maybe a low bitrate download? The cymbals and stuff sound kinda splashy, that could be what I'm hearing. I haven't sat down and listened to it with the good cans yet, gonna have to do that soon.

I saw Glasscloud the other day where Josh is at now, the man is INSANE.

I'm really bummed I never got to see Danza, I'm hoping they do a quick reunion tour or something some day if Jesse has the time. Next month Glass Cloud is playing near me, I really wanna go to that. I'd love to pick Josh's brain, too - he seems like a cool guy.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Structures FTW.

I think it's just maybe a low bitrate download? The cymbals and stuff sound kinda splashy, that could be what I'm hearing. I haven't sat down and listened to it with the good cans yet, gonna have to do that soon.

Good point. I'll try the CD rip and see if it sounds any better.

I'm really bummed I never got to see Danza, I'm hoping they do a quick reunion tour or something some day if Jesse has the time. Next month Glass Cloud is playing near me, I really wanna go to that. I'd love to pick Josh's brain, too - he seems like a cool guy.

You totally should, he's a great dude.

sessionswan

ffffffffftt
Reaction score
My CD arrived today and it's clipping like a bastage too. Doesn't take away from the badassery of the album, just kinda sucks.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I think the productions fine... Until I crank it. Though that could totally be from my speakers breaking up.

I actually don't find the reoccurring ambient thing to be too emotionally grabbing, especially compared to some other parts of the album.

Reaction score
Good point. I'll try the CD rip and see if it sounds any better.

You totally should, he's a great dude.

Yeah Josh is incredibly nice. I randomly added him on FB and talked to him for like half an hour once before and if he ever ends up down here with Danza or Glass I'm going to take him out for some kickass food or something because everyone knows the last thing anyone wants is more free beer while on tour lol.

Also one time I was just talking to him and mentioned how I came up with a Danza ripoff riff and he asked me to show him, I said I only had a Gp5 tab but he asked me to send it to him anyways and he listened to it. I don't even listen to my friends gp5 tab music :lol:

Seriously, always buy Josh beer!!!!

chaosimminent

Reaction score
First post here whats up everyone? I never got the pleasure of seeing Danza live but I've been a fan since Danza II and the new record is honestly one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. It'll be in heavy rotation for awhile it seems.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
new album's great. i think some of the random ambient stuff is cool, but most of it seems like filler. i haven't listened to the album enough times to know where to skip past that kind of stuff. (ie: the one where it sounds like random "plugging in the guitar" noises for what seems like an hour)

otherwise it's their most heavy, brilliant material ever. truly brutal and all encompassing of their nutty stylings. 9/10.

patrickWLV

Reaction score
new album's great. i think some of the random ambient stuff is cool, but most of it seems like filler. i haven't listened to the album enough times to know where to skip past that kind of stuff. (ie: the one where it sounds like random "plugging in the guitar" noises for what seems like an hour)

Yeah that was just weird lol

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the productions fine... Until I crank it. Though that could totally be from my speakers breaking up.

I actually don't find the reoccurring ambient thing to be too emotionally grabbing, especially compared to some other parts of the album.

I listened to it with my Beats on the way to and from work today (not the good headphones haha but better than my laptop speakers) and I didn't notice it as much, but that could just mean I'm getting used to it. I'm bummed my order's gonna take longer because of the vinyl, I'm anxious to rip it and see how that sounds. Still an awesome record, I love the production.

Yeah, some of the ambient parts are cool and different, and it's cool how they don't try to rush things, but I didn't get choked up over them, especially the two army songs. I'm also a passive Canadian, which probably doesn't help :lol:

Yeah Josh is incredibly nice. I randomly added him on FB and talked to him for like half an hour once before and if he ever ends up down here with Danza or Glass I'm going to take him out for some kickass food or something because everyone knows the last thing anyone wants is more free beer while on tour lol.

Also one time I was just talking to him and mentioned how I came up with a Danza ripoff riff and he asked me to show him, I said I only had a Gp5 tab but he asked me to send it to him anyways and he listened to it. I don't even listen to my friends gp5 tab music :lol:

Seriously, always buy Josh beer!!!!

That's awesome, I've got him on facebook but haven't talked to him directly. I see him post randomly, same with his tweets that are hardly ever music related :lol: it's funny how different he is. A lot of guys' posts are purely guitar/band related, whereas Josh is doing some pretty unique stuff and pushing the music scene forward and pretty much constantly writing, and he never posts any of his new gear or spams his videos or anything :lol:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Josh recorded the "guitar input jack" thing because there was an argument going on in the studio so he just decided to have a little fun while waiting for everyone to calm the fuck down. :lol:

WildBroskiAppears

Reaction score
I can definitely hear clipping throughout my copy, particularly noticeable on the toms in the intro track, but i'm not bothered by it honestly. The whole album is absolutely crushing. I also think Jessie has become one of my favorite vocalists. The scream going from the murder-section of "Behind Those Eyes" into the ending chuggy groove always gets me pumped.

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Josh recorded the "guitar input jack" thing because there was an argument going on in the studio so he just decided to have a little fun while waiting for everyone to calm the fuck down. :lol:

That one song with all the stuttering static/ feedback stuff lol?

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score

that's funny. could have at least been at the very end though. get's in the way of my groove!

WildBroskiAppears

Reaction score
Death Eater is absolutely terrifying, also the most rap-beat metal song ever. Is that an extra low-tuned 8 in that song, or did he use a 9?

TetraVaal

Reaction score
Please put down your weapon. You have 20 seconds to comply.

EDIT: LOL @ all the mongoloids on Sputnikmusic shitting all over this album. I can't stand sites like those. They're filled with some of the lowest common denominator of people you can come across.

"IF IT AIN'T DEATH METAL OR THRASH IT SUCKS BRO!"

Idiots.

')