Danza IV

• Thread starter Sikthness
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Has anyone received an email regarding their pre order with the vinyl yet? I know they started shipping out last week, but I haven't gotten an email yet from indiemerch.

tm20

Reaction score
been listening to The Alpha The Omega for about half a week now.... this album is awesome :D such a shame that it's the last one :'( are they going to tour this album?

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
been listening to The Alpha The Omega for about half a week now.... this album is awesome :D such a shame that it's the last one :'( are they going to tour this album?
Nothing's confirmed yet, but from the looks of it, no :(

NickShredScott

wtf is dis
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm Nick Scott, and I produced/engineered/mixed this album.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regarding the clipping: I'm 99% sure that was a mistake made during distro/duplication, there was absolutely no clipping going on in my master. Margin set to -.3 (Industry standard) and I think it peaks at about -8 RMS

led-ua

Dysphoria (guitars)
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm Nick Scott, and I produced/engineered/mixed this album.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regarding the clipping: I'm 99% sure that was a mistake made during distro/duplication, there was absolutely no clipping going on in my master. Margin set to -.3 (Industry standard) and I think it peaks at about -8 RMS

Cheers, Nick!
Great work on this release - by far my favourite Danza production.
Would be glad to hear any info regarding drums/guitars recording/processing, general review would be enough.
I love the punch brought by kick drum and chugging guitars, as well as hearing some slight vibey pumping which is awesome.
Any secret info on that überpunchy kick/snare?
Wasn't bothered by clipping issue - Machine Shop has already taught is clipping may sound pleasant in the right context:yesway:

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
This album is just...filthy. Pure filth. It's disgusting. I'm sitting at work listening to it and just want to break stuff. I have never heard something so dissonant and dark that somehow manages to be composed in an orderly fashion.

Fuck.

NickShredScott

wtf is dis
Reaction score
Cheers, Nick!
Great work on this release - by far my favourite Danza production.
Would be glad to hear any info regarding drums/guitars recording/processing, general review would be enough.
I love the punch brought by kick drum and chugging guitars, as well as hearing some slight vibey pumping which is awesome.
Any secret info on that überpunchy kick/snare?
Wasn't bothered by clipping issue - Machine Shop has already taught is clipping may sound pleasant in the right context:yesway:

Thanks!

The kick is simply 50%real kick and 50% sampled. The sample is the one I sampled from danzas actual kit and processed as well, sorta to just fill in the gaps and keep it consistient. Everything else for drums is 100% real.

The main thing I wanted on this record was to emmulate them live and focus on the 'slam' factor. Didn't give a shit about how even and pure the levels were so much because that comes natrually. So I esentially INFLAMED every instrument as largly as I possibly could. The thing that helped most with that is AMAZINGLY solid and filthy takes, and lots of parallel compression and other parallel tricks. I also slammed the 2bus with my favorite secret compressor. That's what helps to really groove that slam and make it feel like one giant monster rather than just a buch of perfectly fine tuned instruments

ZackP3750

Reaction score
The main thing I wanted on this record was to emmulate them live and focus on the 'slam' factor. Didn't give a shit about how even and pure the levels were so much because that comes natrually. So I esentially INFLAMED every instrument as largly as I possibly could. The thing that helped most with that is AMAZINGLY solid and filthy takes, and lots of parallel compression and other parallel tricks. I also slammed the 2bus with my favorite secret compressor. That's what helps to really groove that slam and make it feel like one giant monster rather than just a buch of perfectly fine tuned instruments

I've had the chance to see them live twice, both time had that crazy slam feel. This album is the closest I can get to feeling that insane live energy. Very well done man, it absolutely crushes. On a side note, do you have any other projects going on? I'm curious to hear what else you can do.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks!

The kick is simply 50%real kick and 50% sampled. The sample is the one I sampled from danzas actual kit and processed as well, sorta to just fill in the gaps and keep it consistient. Everything else for drums is 100% real.

Very cool of you to give us some insight into the recording process, many thanks. :yesway:

NickShredScott

wtf is dis
Reaction score
I've had the chance to see them live twice, both time had that crazy slam feel. This album is the closest I can get to feeling that insane live energy. Very well done man, it absolutely crushes. On a side note, do you have any other projects going on? I'm curious to hear what else you can do.

Yeah man, I work full time as head audio engineer with JoeySturgis, and I also mix a significent ammount of albums.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been rooting around trying to find a CD to buy local but no dice. how bout sending over your good version Nick? I've got proof of purchase with my iTunes receipt I can send you haha :D

very nice job on the mix - so crushing. such a great guitar tone.

chaosimminent

Reaction score
I have the itunes version of this but I was wondering are there lyrics that come with the actual cd? Ive been looking all over but cant seem to find any

MikeK

Reaction score
I hear absolutely no clipping on my hard copy. Ive played it through my car speakers and studio monitors as well.

Deathspell Omega

Reaction score
Yeah man, I work full time as head audio engineer with JoeySturgis, and I also mix a significent ammount of albums.

A MODERN production in a GOOD way. :hbang: If you continue doing stuff like Danza IIII you could put your name on the map a.k.a. becoming the Bob Rock of Extremetal, lol. :hbang: Good stuff.

')