Danza IV

• Thread starter Sikthness
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Osiris

Reaction score
My state is overrun with really pissed-off good ol' boys considering Whipechapel and these guys.

They really werent messing around on this album :eek:.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kris_jammage

Reaction score
Amazing album. Start to finish audio assault!

Defo one of my favourite albums this year, still topped by Koloss, but close to the top!

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
This album is slowly rising to AOTY for me. Seriously, it's so god damn well-constructed. The production/mix is fantastic, and the songs are heavy and spastic, yet concise and melodic as well. WHY IS THIS THEIR LAST?!

jsousa

Reaction score
sick album. the production is ideal and exactly the style and level i would probably want to produce at.

johnny666

Reaction score
NickShredScott thanks for the insights! I really dig this album, especially the production.
I can imagine the production techniques used on this album, the shit is just SO LOOOW! but good engineers never reveal the secrets. :)
Its a fucken bummer that this is their final release :( I hope they will keep it going.

jobarnrd

Reaction score
NickShredScott said:
Hey guys! I'm Nick Scott, and I produced/engineered/mixed this album.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regarding the clipping: I'm 99% sure that was a mistake made during distro/duplication, there was absolutely no clipping going on in my master. Margin set to -.3 (Industry standard) and I think it peaks at about -8 RMS

do you remember which guitars were used in the recording??

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

WildBroskiAppears

Reaction score
Anybody have any idea what vocal technique Josh used on Don't Try This At Home? It has an inhale-like quality in some ways, but I'm pretty sure it's not. I'm absolutely in love with the vocals on this album. I've been trying to emulate Jessie's vocals when i'm practicing. They're so full of voice, though, that I might need to be older than fifteen first.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
I love this album, and to be honest, I left Danza in the dust after their first release (Cliff Burton Surprise!). My guitar player and drummer are in love with this album, and every time I hear it, I'm mind blown. Wall-of-sound oriented production is hard to pull off with such clarity, so hats off to anyone who had their hand in mixing the album. My band recently dabled with a HUGE mix at my studio, and this album definitely made the list of "Well, we kinda want it to sound like this, meets this, with some of this, and of course, that."

NickShredScott

wtf is dis
Reaction score
That mix is huge!!

Any insight on your bass chain? Or just any mixing tips in general haha

Haha, well if you have questions about mixing let me know :)

For bass, I almost always separate the tracks into different frequency ranges and treat them differently whether it be saturation/compression/eq whatever it is :)

')