DAR Amplifaction Future Breed Machines linup (Fredrik Thordendal content).

• Thread starter Variant
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wlfers

Reaction score
So I found out there's not only a facebook page for Dar, but also a group. From the group December 21st:

About to ship the Heads.... lots of them... then the preamps [name of guy who asked]. My apologies for the delays, but i assure you that for the patient, the reward is pretty awesome. I'll do my best to keep up with the forums better too... (just been very busy with the gear)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Animus

Reaction score
Haven't they been "about to ship" amps for the past year? :)

wlfers

Reaction score
Yep, and the site has been 99% done for just as long.

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
Anybody get their Head shipped yet??? I hope they still remember I ordered preamp pedal way way way back. I don't even know what the deal is or when I am supposed to pay them the rest? or if they are done? Pics? Sent an email to Mike just now.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
Anybody get their Head shipped yet??? I hope they still remember I ordered preamp pedal way way way back. I don't even know what the deal is or when I am supposed to pay them the rest? or if they are done? Pics? Sent an email to Mike just now.

ive been in touch with Mike recently. He claimed they would be ready to ship in a week and they are putting all the paperwork in order before shipping so there is no mix ups etc...

I would image since there is such a small team and so many orders that have varying deposits on them and they are buyers from all over the world. Im still confident about things. Ive been waiting for over a year actually. I put in an order before the amp was even shown off at NAMM (not to brag). Anyway. Heres hoping they will ship soon and we will all be happy.

wlfers

Reaction score
They have the head release party set for this weekend, so I cant imagine there would be much of a wait after the official release! At least for the heads, can't say about some of us lowly preamp preorders :lol:

Alcoholocaust

Reaction score
Im really hoping we get some pics of a finished product(s) from the release party and not the same proto in all the photos!

wlfers

Reaction score
From their facebook group

404955_1750572541470_1753565455_859722_545063062_n.jpg

Here's a room with some of our Chassis from a while back.. I'll post pretty pix tomorrow or this weekend of some of the complete heads, But right now the 'Gut's' are exposed and not buttoned up well enough for public.

wlfers

Reaction score
They've posted a few minor updates, the ones of value are pictures of their production (not prototype) FBM100s and

FBM100's just started to ship. The pedals will be released right after this amp run.

^ According to mike, this is actually labelled incorrectly as a prototype and is their production line about to ship.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
DL (formerly of The Acacia Strain) seems to have gotten the first production model of something tasty....

402613_351312714886687_251331718218121_1379063_995620041_n.jpg

wlfers

Reaction score
Just saw this! Now to gather the funds I spent on an 8 which was originally intended for the PX.

Scattered Messiah

Kassandrian Dreams
Reaction score
This is slowly getting interesting ... I hope the guys at DAR will now make it to the PX in forseeable future, so I can order one (as Mike told me, he would only accept new preorders after the amps have shipped and they moved to the preamps).

It looks damn nice!

wlfers

Reaction score
Yeah, word has been that after the pre-ordered 100s that they would move straight to the orders on the PX. But thankfully they're still working on it as the 100s are being taken care of, here is mike's response to a guy asking about the size footprint.

Still An A4 page. We did make LOTS of small changes from the original design you may have seen a little footage on. We have more of the necessary controls on the top versus backside... etc.. It has been a BIG project!

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
I'm pretty torn on staying with my order for the FBM-PX. Contacted them about canceling it and now they start shipping heads. Part of me wants to stick it out, cause I still really want this, but the other part of me says I waited a year already and never seem to get any concrete answers on it. For all I know the FBM-PX might not be ready or ship till Spring/Summer? Ugggghhhhhhh...I could always order one again, but who knows what the wait time will be.

wlfers

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm trusting that the technology will pay off for the blind waiting. Hmm though Diezel just started designs on a rack preamp...:scream:

guy in latvia

Reaction score
^i know waiting sucks, im tearing my hair out waiting on my ViK custom, Im even considering ordering a 2nd custom just to keep my juices flowing, but then again, isnt the FBM-PX like $800? That's not that much money to worry about, just soldier on ;)

noizfx

Behold the ONI!
Reaction score
^i know waiting sucks, im tearing my hair out waiting on my ViK custom, Im even considering ordering a 2nd custom just to keep my juices flowing, but then again, isnt the FBM-PX like $800? That's not that much money to worry about, just soldier on ;)

USD 890 to be exact!

')