DAR Amps - New vids (1 with 7 string)

• Thread starter Paul - DAR Amps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Paul - DAR Amps

Reaction score
Hey guys

We just finished 2 teaser demos of the Tuzzia head. They were done very quickly just to give people another taste of what the amp is all about. The audio on these clips is only from the camera's built in mic but hopefully it will give you guys an idea of the 'in the room' sound.

We're working on pro video & audio demos that will cover every aspect of our amps in detail. We'll get these out as soon as we can.

Our new web site should also be up in about a week.

Here are the links:

YouTube - DAR Amps - Tuzzia Teaser Demo 2 - 7 String.m4v

YouTube - DAR Amps - Tuzzia Teaser Demo 1.m4v

Thanks

Paul

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It would be more useful to hear the mic'd signal, i think. The early reflections are smearing the notes in the low end, making the amp sound a little dark and muddy. But when you play some of the higher chords, it sounds like there's great definition and grind.

Paul - DAR Amps

Reaction score
Hey Darren

I hear you. These vids were done very quickly to give people a little bit more before our new site is up.

We'll have high quality demos with detailed info behind each one very soon.

All i can say is that the definition is there, in person and in proper recordings. Articulation is one of the key aspects of our amps.

Paul

Zehailiu

Reaction score
I can't access youtube but is this that amp with 2 KT88s that was built by a physicist?

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
I can't access youtube but is this that amp with 2 KT88s that was built by a physicist?

Except they're not KT88s... they're about twice that big.

I didn't realize the back lighting actually pulsed with signal, check out this demo of the Tuzzia (includes Dave Weiner and an RG2228, as well as one of the DAR cabs):

I'm curious where the company's name came from... is it an abbreviation, or a (awesome) reference to the Beastmaster?

I would love to try one out, but it looks like all the dealers are West Coast.

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
really nice sounding amp, thanks for sharing, cause it's my first experience with that company :yesway:

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
By the youtube demo this does nothing for me... nice looking head and tubes tho

Paul - DAR Amps

Reaction score
Hey guys

The tubes are actually 6c33-B's. They are a very high output, very clean power tube that has some very special harmonic characteristics. They are also highly reliable and cheaper than most power tubes we are familiar. They are also easily purchased through places like the tube store.

The lighting can indeed pulse or react dynamically to input volume. the harder you play, the more intensity. That can also be set to full (static) or fully disabled. Same goes for the cabs which have the same lighting system. Colors are customizable also.

Let me know if you guys have any questions at all...

Lastly, we are in the process of setting up our dealer network. We'll post our dealers as they come online in our web site. The new one should be up end of the week.

thanks

Paul

warlock7strEMG

Reaction score
i am impressed!!! not only with the tone and clarity but after watching the NAMM video about the DAR Aria on youtube im also impressed with the thought and technology that went into these amps. completely unique in almost every way. i want the Tuzzia NOW!!!

')