Dark Matter Instruments - Official Thread

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
For a 6, in a perfect world I would have two. One would be tuned standard at 24.5 to 25.5 to really fatten up the skinnies. This would be a fusion machine. The other would use your preferred scales for drop tunings and would be awesome for drop C and go down to A no problem.

I have an M80M and often wonder how an extreme 3" fan would play while keeping that really great F# or E on the bottom along with running fatter strings on the high end. Even going 26.5-29 at a 2.5" fan would get pretty close. Would be really cool to see someone go a little more extreme than the norm in an effort to address the timbre issues of the huge pitch range on an 8.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So Joe, I know I’m getting waaaaay ahead of you, but here are two niches that have not been filled: 14 and 16 strings (double coursed) and a 10 or 11 string guitar with a suuuuper low scale length (like 30-35”). Yes, I have been drinking. HOWEVER, that does not take away from the fact that no one has done anything like that. Now, go forth and make it so

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
solid bright white with black binding and black hardware would look killer i think.

or trans white showing off the wood grain would be pretty epic too...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JoeGuitar717

Balaguer Guitars
Reaction score
So Joe, I know I’m getting waaaaay ahead of you, but here are two niches that have not been filled: 14 and 16 strings (double coursed) and a 10 or 11 string guitar with a suuuuper low scale length (like 30-35”). Yes, I have been drinking. HOWEVER, that does not take away from the fact that no one has done anything like that. Now, go forth and make it so

Hahaha, dude you crack me up. I don't know about the 14-16 string thing, but I'm willing to talk about the 10-11 string idea. First step is to draft up and prototype the multi-scale 6,7, and 8. Then we will talk about beyond. ;)

solid bright white with black binding and black hardware would look killer i think.

or trans white showing off the wood grain would be pretty epic too...

Huge fan of trans white, so I'm down for that.

UH HECK YEAH YOU SHOULD

\m/ \m/

JoeGuitar717

Balaguer Guitars
Reaction score
You can choose what type of neck/body construction you want via our Semi-Custom line:

enhance

marcwormjim

Reaction score
Spec’d out a few things in the builder, and hope to see enough of these sell to give way to a trem option eventually.

dirtool

Reaction score
really interested, it there multi-scale available?

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Joe said the multiscale isn’t available until next year.

But a headless true baritone yay. Now if I could get a trem on that.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
In the works for sure. We are focusing on launching a standard production series first, but multi-scale will follow soon after.

This isn't the 15 months after the thread was started answer I was looking for. :lol:

You don't have to give me an exact date, within a week is fine.

Take. My. Money.

Latest posts