Dark Tranquility has a new song out!

• Thread starter poopyalligator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mwcarl

Reaction score
Dark Tranquillity is one of my all time favourite bands, but that song did almost nothing for me. Not a bad song, but hopefully the rest of the album is more riffy.

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
I like Dark Tranquility. I have a few of their albums, and if I'm driving in a car into which I can't plug my ipod, they will all be in my CD rotation.

However, I have to agree with mwcarl, that song wasn't anything exciting. I am, of course, stoked for a new album from them.

Damn, first new Amon Amarth and now new Dark Tranquility? This is a good week for me and it's only monday!

revlover

Reaction score
Really like the ambience and held back feel but with a complex arrangement. High hopes for the album.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Just talked to Mikael Stanne(interview will be on HBIH tomorrow), he said this was the most "different" song on the album and they wanted to put it out first to show people how they have changed.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
Just talked to Mikael Stanne(interview will be on HBIH tomorrow), he said this was the most "different" song on the album and they wanted to put it out first to show people how they have changed.

Very cool. I thought this new song sounded different, but still their signature sound. I am sure the new album will be awesome.

ONE

He who is cake.
Reaction score
Wow, I really like the dark sound with the slower metronome. :hbang:

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
If anything, DT are definitely one of the most consistent bands around.

they'll never really wow you with a huge change in style, but they evolve slowly and stick to their guns and you can tell that they put a lot of work into their records on every level.

even the gallery had it's own very specific vibe during the heyday of the gothernburg sound.

Chrisjd

Banned
Reaction score
Can't wait to listen to this. "Character" is probably my favorite melodic death metal album of all time.

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
Been listening to these guys since 2004 or so, they always deliver great material. I've been stoked for months on hearing their new stuff and it's definitely paid off... it's pretty different from their last few albums... can't wait!! :scream:

')