Darkadian work in progress, heavy grooves

• Thread starter Mattayus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
So, how did you plug your guitar in the computer? You used an interface of somesort ?

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score
I use a similar patch in Revalver, I love how something as simple as just the Skreamer and 6505 can give kickass tones, shows how good a modeller it is. xD

The Omega Experiment

Reaction score
Wow man, impressive. I love that you paid mind to the fact that bass is half of guitar tone. That double tracking the guitars really reminds me of a Colin Richardson type of style/sound. Like old Machine Head! I love it. I needs me some Revalver when I get my college monies...

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks dudes!

Where can I find the sneap multiband preset???

SICK MIX BTW!!!!!:hbang:

PM'd, but anyone can find it anywhere over on the Sneap forum. It's nothing magical that people couldn't figure out on their own, but it's a nice starting point!

So, how did you plug your guitar in the computer? You used an interface of somesort ?

Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, strain in

Wow man, impressive. I love that you paid mind to the fact that bass is half of guitar tone. That double tracking the guitars really reminds me of a Colin Richardson type of style/sound. Like old Machine Head! I love it. I needs me some Revalver when I get my college monies...

Awesome man, Richardson is one of my producer heroes! Thanks :metal:

h8leech

Valkyrie Treaty
Reaction score
damn... was like 4 years ago when i first heard a clip by you bro, then i was like.. shit i gotta get good like him!.. always been an inspiration dude.. dont know how i missed this post... tone and riff fucking punch my face!

Shattered Existence

Shattered Existence
Reaction score
Some killer stuff here. -Love the music, AND the mix; Heavy as hell.

Been looking around for somebody good to produce my album, and after some suggestions I checked out your website- I like what you do.

I may be hitting you up here really soon to do a track for me, and if I like it the whole album.:hbang:

Larry-

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
sounds really punchy and snappy, man! the sub drops work really well too!

everything sounds fucking sweet AS, man! them GROOVES!

BMU

Reaction score
Love the melodic scalar stuff you integrated into the heavy groove. Keeps it really interesting.

And good on ya for always being willing to share preset screenshots & info.

I've been using X30 & LE456, guess this means I have to finally try out that Revalver thing I bought and installed and promptly never used. :idea:

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Christ, didn't know this thread got more replies!
Thanks for the comments everyone, and you're welcome for the help BMU! I've never understood people being secretive about this shit, we're all in the same boat right?

damn... was like 4 years ago when i first heard a clip by you bro, then i was like.. shit i gotta get good like him!.. always been an inspiration dude.. dont know how i missed this post... tone and riff fucking punch my face!

Haha thanks man, yeah my shit's come a LOOOONNNG way since then, as I'm certain everyone else's does as time goes on. You learn tricks and just become more instinctive. Saying that, it's nothing without an actual band, and I can't seem to hold one down for longer than like a month :lol: but I'm getting there.

Some killer stuff here. -Love the music, AND the mix; Heavy as hell.

Been looking around for somebody good to produce my album, and after some suggestions I checked out your website- I like what you do.

I may be hitting you up here really soon to do a track for me, and if I like it the whole album.:hbang:

Larry-

Thanks a lot dude, I've replied to your email :yesway:

TheDeltaOrionis

Reaction score
For "direct in" stuff, such as using something like Revalver or Guitar Rig, do you plug in your guitar in the "line inputs" behind the Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 audio interface?
The Focusrite website says something about two "Hi-Z" inputs..
Where are they located?

Awesome stuff by the way, I could listen to this over and over \m/

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
For "direct in" stuff, such as using something like Revalver or Guitar Rig, do you plug in your guitar in the "line inputs" behind the Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 audio interface?
The Focusrite website says something about two "Hi-Z" inputs..
Where are they located?

Awesome stuff by the way, I could listen to this over and over \m/

Thanks man!
The instrument inputs are the two at the front. They are a 1/4" jack and an XLR in one (the XLR wrapping around the jack). You then change the input from "Line" to "Instr" in the control panel to activate the Hi-Z for instruments.

The line-ins at the back are a stereo input.

Woh the bass sounds amazing, how did you get that sound? Similar to the guitar tracks?

It's pitch-shifted guitar, going through all the usual gumpf you'd put a bass through. In this instance it's

Ampeg SVX
Impulses
Waves C1 comp
EQ
Waves L1 limit

Then copied and pasted onto another track, where it's then distorted, compressed, and EQ'd, then blended in to give the top end more bite.

klinic

Reaction score
That is some absurdly heavy work. Absolutely adore the tone, and it's not my usual style of music at all. I'm going to take a look at the stuff you mentioned and try and get my bass player running through that when we record.

Inspirational stuff right there. What hardware do you use to get your guitars into the VSTs? The Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 audio interface was mentioned, so I assume that was used. How do you track the guitars? Do you monitor them in real time through these VSTs with this tone? Or is this applied after the tracks are layed down?

Latest posts

')