Darkest Hours "The Human Romance" is out

nojyeloot

Reaction score
It's pretty good ;)

600x600.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I saw these guys live recently, I gotta say I wasn't impressed. All their songs sounded the same and I left half way through the set (something I've never done before). Maybe they're a better band on album.

nojyeloot

Reaction score
I saw these guys live recently, I gotta say I wasn't impressed. All their songs sounded the same and I left half way through the set (something I've never done before). Maybe they're a better band on album.

I agree about them live (saw them w/ Periphery). And they're much better on the album IMHO.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I heard two tracks from this and it seemed alright. Honestly, I don't listen to a ton of Darkest Hour because "Deliver Us" because it's one of my favorite albums of all time and it would spoil things for me if I grew to accustomed to anything else, if that makes sense.

DANiMALxMD

Reaction score
Im really liking it. Not too sure if i like JH's shouty/clean vocals. As for the live thing, they are a raw band. Ive seen them a million times and each time they were energetic. Ive never seen them and felt like they werent into it.

Petal

Reaction score
Heeeeel yeahh, im excited for this. Savor the kill was a disappointment, but ive listened to the rest of the album and i like it so far. Better than the eternal return imo.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
I really like it so far and I thought Savor The Kill was a good song, it may not be tad slower than the rest of the material on the album but it does have some pretty tasty riffs and leads in it or so I thought.

MatthewK

Reaction score
For some reason I thought they were from Australia...

WhiteWalls

Reaction score
I wish they took a more experimental approach with this album, they've never really moved away from this style one bit since Deliver Us, however songwriting is still top notch and i like it a lot more than The Eternal Return for sure.

Also i saw them live 2 weeks ago, pretty good!

Petal

Reaction score
For some reason I thought they were from Australia...

haha, what. They're from DC! Represssssssent.

And yeah, they haven't rly ever experimented with their string skipping style.

Tranquilliser

Reaction score
I've given it a listen and it's far better than The Eternal Return, and sounds much more like Kris Norris era DH.
Which is always a good thing. Because Deliver Us and Undoing Ruin are two of the best albums ever produced, imo.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
I think the new album is pretty awesome (but i am a bit biased because darkest hour is my favorite metal band). I definitely like it because it sounds a bit different from their other stuff. Definitely a lot more melodic.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Finally got this today, and I'm loving it :D
I was skeptical at first cause I was pretty damn disappointed with The Eternal Return.

DH have redeemed themselves :wub:

Jogeta

Reaction score
Looks like I'm a Darkest Hour fan again.

Let's hope they never pull an "Eternal Return" on us in the future

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
Why does everybody hate on the eternal return so much. I thought it had some pretty kickass songs on it. Maybe not the best of their discography, but i definitely dont think it sucked.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Why does everybody hate on the eternal return so much

Cause change is baaaad, mmkay? :lol:

Does anyone know what amps they recorded the new album with? I'm oddly fond of the guitar tone right now. It kinda sounds like a boosted Mesa of some kind, yet at the same time very PODular.

Reaction score
Live they play EVH 5150 amps into 5150 heads. Aside from some pedals, I think that pretty much makes up their playing gear which is also probably what they use in the studio.

')