Darren's Magical Intrepid Modification Day

• Thread starter canuck brian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
those be some kinda big bummers there, darren.

completely OT - got any more claytons kicking around?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nah. A BIG bummer would have been Brian's router blowing up and turning my Intrepid into firewood. Not being able to try out the Nordstrands or even the stock neck pickup is only a minor setback. It should be back in action by the end of the week.

No Claytons for you. I'm rationing them even for myself now... the problem with Ultex/Ultem is that they're damned impossible to find if you drop them on a floor that's even slightly beige. They just disappear.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
this is very true. my floor is pink ish carpet, and mine will still disappear.

I guess i'll have to order me some .70 claytons then.

i wont even ask about the Dean :lol:

(but why you up so late?)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm almost always up this late.

If you're placing an order from MF.com, order me a couple dozen .56 gauge of the little Spikes.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
you're crazy, man.

im not often up this late, but i only have class 2-3 tomorrow. i have a test to study for and an online assignment to do though.

.72mm, .80mm.. $5 each... is it even worth the shipping? and i'd only get 12 each...

there's nowhere to get 'em in canada?

sorry for the derail btw - bring it back on topic when you get shit wired up and pics and such ;)

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Ultex is, IMO, the best pick material I have ever used. I'd consider it worth it to at least try them. Ultem is pretty close. My bassist uses those Clayton picks, and they're not half bad. Is there anywhere around you that sells "COOL" brand picks? The white ones are made of this stuff they call Uratex that's not too far off from Ultex.

Giamatti

Reaction score
the problem with Ultex/Ultem is that they're damned impossible to find if you drop them on a floor that's even slightly beige. They just disappear.

That'd be those pick Goblins, nicking your picks in the split second between the pick falling and your eyes getting to the floor. The hoard them in their own underground villages....

ANYWAY, yeah sweet mods so far.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Bummer #2: I don't have any wood screws suitable for mounting the neck pickup. I've placed an order with StewMac, so hopefully should have some later this week and will be able to put this puppy back together.

Darren....All you had to do was simply drive up to my shop - I have trays full of small pickup screws, I would've gladly just given then to you, then you would have been installing it now instead of later/next week.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer. Music stores seem to be allergic to being open on Sundays, though. I could have swore that the Burlington L&M was open on Sundays a while back, but now they're not.

If i were up in that corner of the city more regularly (i'm teaching next semester at York) then i'd probably swing by, but it's a bit of a hike from Oakville to North York.

I needed to get a few other things from StewMac anyway. :)

charles22880

Reaction score
even before the mod, i need to buy some agiles and retire my ibanez and esp/ltd's. everytime i see there work its just killer, i get the same feeling i first saw a Jackson RR-1

Latest posts

')