DC800 Picture thread!!

• Thread starter mustache79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
^ I can't decide if I like how the pups look with them routes. Part of me says yes and another part would want to try and use the covers on the Carvin pups. Are they d-activators?

They're BKP Aftermaths. I kinda don't like the look of the routes and I'd like to get pickups rings on it soon, but part of me kinda likes it. It's like my pickups have a moat to ward off would-be attackers. Maybe I'll get blue pickups rings so it looks like water. (jk)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
What was your card date?

The date was today actually, 9-29. Now FedEx is saying I won't have it til Wednesday:wallbash: As hard as the wait is during build time, I think the wait is way worse during shipping.

potatohead

Reaction score
The date was today actually, 9-29. Now FedEx is saying I won't have it til Wednesday:wallbash: As hard as the wait is during build time, I think the wait is way worse during shipping.

I agree man. Mine is with UPS right now, my card date was 10-02.

vondano

Reaction score
They're BKP Aftermaths. I kinda don't like the look of the routes and I'd like to get pickups rings on it soon, but part of me kinda likes it. It's like my pickups have a moat to ward off would-be attackers. Maybe I'll get blue pickups rings so it looks like water. (jk)

how do they compare to the stock pups??

NickS

Reaction score
My DC800 has arrived:hbang::scream::shred::metal::agreed::yesway:

Link to NGD here:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/213703-ngd-my-first-8-dc800.html

Plus a few photos:

photo-3.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-8.jpg

NickS

Reaction score
Plus one more. I love the way the abalone logo looks with the white and gold.

photo-4.jpg

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
are there any pictures anywhere of any carvin models with maple fretboards and pearl block inlays?

Axayacatl

Reaction score
my understanding is that Carvin does not do block inlays on maple.

kengtin

Reaction score
Here's my contribution to this thread... the full NGD post and review is HERE:

Now the pics (excuse the low quality):

Nyoue.jpg

6ZazA.jpg

LdMyg.jpg

LU6mP.jpg

fm2Db.jpg

bUsxY.jpg

gk5Xi.jpg

HNDTY.jpg

Bonus pic: me and my girls :p
4PrOQ.jpg

Cheers

NickS

Reaction score
Lots of white DC800's coming out lately. And that black one is killer as well:hbang::bowdown::agreed:

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
I don't like black guitars, but this is one fukin' beautiful girl... hey is that Body Binding Effect actually "white"? Or is it just how the maple edge looks on the picture (if it's maple at all) ?

It's maple so it's more like beige. I originally wanted it to be white, but I have to say it looks way better with the maple. White binding looks kinda cheap compared I think :p

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Lots of white DC800's coming out lately. And that black one is killer as well:hbang::bowdown::agreed:

I get one in the end of this month too :p

It's basically the same as my black one, but in white, with a dark binding. Can't wait to see how it will come out! :)

')