DCGL has actual pics of the Loomis now...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
2980.jpg

Oh my....

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah that Loomis looks really nice in real pics. Looks like something cool to compete with the ESP SC607B. Good variety :yesway:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice model - love the headstock design

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
it's like a heavy metal Soloway. i'll take 2.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
This doesnt help my GAS at all :squint:

edit: is it me, or does the string retainer on the loomis look crooked?

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
That 007 Custom is pretty damn sexy.

Why is the back of the Loomis model finished the same color as the guitar body? That really bothers me. It just doesn't look right.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
They're asking 900$ for the Loomis, if that's not reasonable I don't know what is. I do wish it hadd slightly better upper fret access though, but that is really me just being picky.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
$900 is a lot for an import in theory, especially with the Blackjack/Hellraiser (comparable quality) being so much cheaper. Regardless, I can say from owning the ESP SC607B (which I paid $900 for) that if it plays, feels and sounds like a world-class instrument, and you have the money to burn, then it's worth it anyways.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
$900 is a lot for an import in theory, especially with the Blackjack/Hellraiser (comparable quality) being so much cheaper.

I priced out a similiarliy configured Carvin and it was about 100$ more (w/o case), so you have a point, but I don't know man, just the parts alone make up a big chunk of that guitar, REAL emgs, a REAL OFR????. Can you even get a real OFR on a Carvin now?:scratch:

I guess for the customization options I'd go with the Carvin, but 899$ for the Loomis, ddefinitely does not suck deal-wise.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
hm how much is the C7 hellraiser in CAD converted from USD? cuz if its cheaper to have it shipped from the states then to buy it here... well.. yeah i need money lol

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know man, just the parts alone make up a big chunk of that guitar, REAL emgs, a REAL OFR????. Can you even get a real OFR on a Carvin now?:scratch:

Nope, only the Carvin licensed Floyd unfortunately. :( I agree, the "nicer" stock pickups and OFR bump the price up a bit, but that's still reasonable. If that guitar didn't have EMGs I'd dig it 100%, but as it stands that's still a very kickass guitar... maple fretboard FTW! :hbang:

Martin_777

7 String Engineer
Reaction score
Here in Europ it will cost about 50% more. At PPC in Hannover / Germany it goes for 949 Euros plus you might have to wait ages until you get it.

http://www.ppc-music.de/

EMGs and a OFR sound cool but the difference in prices suck!

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
wow, , shit , I may be in trouble with the wife here :lol:
Look away must look away .

that looks pretty damn good. I'll have to check one out when Carlino guitars
gets his in (where I got my Hellraiser 7).
I'm not a huge fan of the Emg 707's, but I'm interested to see what they sound like in this wood config.
Having had a hellraiser and now having a Carvin it's tough to compare them because they feel very different from each other.
With Carvin you pay more for having the choice in wood options and it's made inthe USA.

If it plays as well as the stock hellraiser 7 , these fuckers are going to fly off of the shelves at $900.00 :shred:

Latest posts

')