DCGL has an amber Dean Evo 7

• Thread starter Kagami
  • Start date
  • Tags
    dean evo
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah those are sweet, I've got one. I'm trying to figure out if they've found one NOS or if Dean is re-releasing them.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
while i've been impressed by dean over and over lately, with quality and whatnot, i highly doubt they'd do anything as cool as rereleasing the evo7. i mean shit, comeon, they just signed dave mustaine like a year or 2 ago.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
i wish. those guitars are silly-good
I want one. didnt you sell yours?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Rather than re-releasing the Evo 7, i'd rather see them do a 7-string HardTail or Solitero. But neither of those has the deep tenon neck joint the Evo has. Best neck joint on an LP-style guitar EVAR.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i wish. those guitars are silly-good
I want one. didnt you sell yours?

I believe Noodles is going to buy it this weekend :agreed: Honestly it's a really nice guitar, and if I didn't have an all mahogany KxK Singlecut on order I'd probably keep it.

It'll be interesting to see what DCGL has to say.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I believe Noodles is going to buy it this weekend :agreed: Honestly it's a really nice guitar, and if I didn't have an all mahogany KxK Singlecut on order I'd probably keep it.

Yep. I have to, or I'll never be able to kill the GAS I have to own one.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Rather than re-releasing the Evo 7, i'd rather see them do a 7-string HardTail or Solitero. But neither of those has the deep tenon neck joint the Evo has. Best neck joint on an LP-style guitar EVAR.

Really, it is a long tenon joint? I think I'm making the right decision. :yesway:

What pickups do you have in yours? Should I order cream rings today or tomorrow? :lol:

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score
I always loved these too. Ever since Darren got his all that time ago. I very much doubt that Dean is re-releasing this. I'd love to see it as I'd jump all over one, but I doubt it. DCGL probably just found one NOS and is charging a little much for it. Great guitars though! :metal:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
guys if your gonna jump on that. Im probably selling mine.. It has some neck crack so its kinda bleh but it was professional repaired from dude before me.. it has been pretty solid for the 6 months or so ive had it. I could take pics to show you guys it.

Id probably want less than half of what DCGL is offering.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yep, it's a deep tenon joint. I think Dean called it "set-thru".

Evo 7 product page from 2002

I have the '59 and JB in it currently, but i've got a Custom and an Alnico 5 magnet that are going to go in the bridge, and i'm probably going to swap out the '59 for a Jazz when i get off my ass and order one.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't think i've seen them going for more than about $400.

Latest posts