De-fretted and Mirror coated my bass!

• Thread starter ApteraBassist
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ApteraBassist

Reaction score
Cool man. Be sure not to use any more than 3 ounces of mixed epoxy. I made the mistake of putting on way too much and it took forever to sand down.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tyghor

Reaction score
Inspiring stuff! On the last pics of the OP, did you make a ''bowl'' with the tape to hold the resin? How much did the stuff costs?

Thanks!

ApteraBassist

Reaction score
Yes I did! worked like a charm and when it dried, the tape just peeled right off.

The resin cost me 40 bucks.
I borrowed some nippers, but if you had to buy them id go to stewmac and buy some defretting pliers for 20 bucks

You'll need some sandable wood filler which costs about 2 bucks, some sandpaper, which is maybe 5 bucks for a multi pack, and a rotating sander, buffer for the high gloss shine, which cost about 70 bucks?

Tyghor

Reaction score
So i did this during the weekend with one of my frineds (Vostre Roy on this board). I still need to do some sanding, but i'm very excited to see the final outcome of this project, I will post some pictures this weekend when I'll be back in town from work.

Cheers!

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
So i did this during the weekend with one of my frineds (Vostre Roy on this board). I still need to do some sanding, but i'm very excited to see the final outcome of this project, I will post some pictures this weekend when I'll be back in town from work.

Cheers!

I'll probably post my pictures before that, the sanding and polishing has been done yesterday. The job ain't stellar, but I'm happy with the result. I'll probably post the finished picture later tonight.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...621-gfx-groove-factory-now-fretbuzz-free.html

')