Dead Island

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I played it. Thought it was awful in almost every way. :lol: Glitchy, poor storyline, terrible voice acting, awful animation. The only good thing about that game were the zombies and weapons, both of which were scary and fun respectively. By the end though I just wanted to finish it and get it done, which is coming from a huge zombie fan.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Alas, great trailers don't great games make. :shrug:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I seriously thought I would play it more than I do... But I dunno... I find myself caring more ab MW3, BF3, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Arkham City and Dragon Age 2 (yea... STILL playing that one).

If they come out with a Dead Island 2 I'd be willing to give it a try, though.

The Munk

Reaction score
I was reading a bit about it yesterday and found that it was originally demo'd back in 2006, but they just now released it. :scratch:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Maybe it didn't get a very good response then. Wait... Maybe they thought they could ride the popularity wave Call of Duty Zombies created...?

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
They had a great idea, they just executed it very badly.

Yup!

When I checked gameplay vids I thought it looked a bit cheesy, but I gave it a chance anyway. I'm pretty sure someone will take the idea and do something really cool with it though. :yesway:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I want Left 4 Dead but basically with a proper campaign instead of the arcade style they have at the moment. That's what I was hoping Dead Island would be.

')