Deadhorse bulb deluxe od

CelestialParasite

Reaction score
So I took the plunge. I ordered mine the second week of sales, build time said 10-14 business days, at first I wasn't sure if they were going to send it to me as soon as it was done or wait until sales were over. Both are over now and I still haven't gotten an email with shipping info. Should I wait a bit longer, or email deadhorse? :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

greendog86

Reaction score
i think dannis takes on himself more work then he could handle...
i waited 3 months for the misha's pedal (but i live outside the US so it
includes the international shipping time), but then i got it and it was mint
condition and sound great so believe me it worth the wait!
anyway, dennis is a cool guy, you can always email him and ask
what the status of your pedal.

JDinSC

Reaction score
I've been considering a Pro-Tone OD. Not one of his signatures, just a standard one. How do they compare to lets say, a Maxon OD 808?

CelestialParasite

Reaction score
I like both pedals a lot actually, but the sweet bite of the deadhorse calls my name all day, when I use a maxon, I use it for more blues and jazz stylings, but that's just my preference. The maxon can get you epic metal tones too though. Price wise, maxon is 100 usd cheaper, but with the deadhorse its handmade American quality. Both pedals are quite versatile also.

tyler_faith_08

Strings of Chaos
Reaction score
I need to try this Deadhorse... They look nice. I've heard similar things about a wait time on them so I wouldn't worry too much.

JDinSC

Reaction score
I like both pedals a lot actually, but the sweet bite of the deadhorse calls my name all day, when I use a maxon, I use it for more blues and jazz stylings, but that's just my preference. The maxon can get you epic metal tones too though. Price wise, maxon is 100 usd cheaper, but with the deadhorse its handmade American quality. Both pedals are quite versatile also.

I actually play "modern hard rock" and not so much metal. I just use my Maxon to add a little bite and clarity so I can back off the gain on the amp itself. I guess what I'm wondering is if the Deadhorse is good for things other than epic metal as well.

CelestialParasite

Reaction score
I actually play "modern hard rock" and not so much metal. I just use my Maxon to add a little bite and clarity so I can back off the gain on the amp itself. I guess what I'm wondering is if the Deadhorse is good for things other than epic metal as well.

yes from what I have seen it is very versatile, perhaps this will help

greendog86

Reaction score
the misha mansoor deadhorse is awesome...,the low end is super tight and it adds a distinctive high-midish bite and clarity that i cant get from my od9 which was my favourite booster till i got the dead horse.
but i find the dead horse a bit anaemic as an overdrive pedal before a clean amp, too clear and too tight and somehow ice picky to play sweet blues licks.
so now im using the dead horse as my boost pedal before my amp's dirty channel, and the od9 as an mild overdrive before the clean channel.