DEALERS RULES UPDATE

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The rules for pricing/spec criticism and debates from the normal classifieds are now in effect for the Dealers section. Comments complaining about asking price or oh I would totally buy this if it had specs XYZ will be deleted and the poster may get a ban at the mods discretion. If you absolutely feel the need you can PM the poster with your commentary.

To clarify a bit, discussion is still allowed, we just want to eliminate some of the more annoying and pointless posts in Dealers threads. For example if somebody posts a thread asking for spec suggestions for a new run then yeah reply and suggest specs etc, but once the run is open for orders complaining you would have bought it if it had XYZ is pointless. Same with pricing... if somebody is asking for feedback on where something should be priced great give feedback, however if they're not then don't post commentary on pricing.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Does this mean that we (the "consumer", not the "dealer") can now post about guitars at dealers in the regular guitar sections if we want to discuss anything, since discussion cannot happen in dealer section anymore?

What about dealer threads that are not about specific guitars for sale? i.e. "The Troyguitars Megathread"

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Hmmm, I never would have bought that KxK if it wasn't for people bitching about the lack of neck pickup and that getting the option added. But I agree in principal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does this mean that we (the "consumer", not the "dealer") can now post about guitars at dealers in the regular guitar sections if we want to discuss anything, since discussion cannot happen in dealer section anymore?

What about dealer threads that are not about specific guitars for sale? i.e. "The Troyguitars Megathread"

No you can not whine about a dealer's pricing in a new thread outside Dealers. The general builder threads are open for comments as long as you're not complaining about a vendor / builders prices. To an extent this is also up to the members. We don't really police this section that much aside from making sure a vendor doesn't have a flood of threads, so if somebody gets annoyed and reports a post it will likely get acted on, if not it will probably not be seen / moderated (much like a lot of stuff on the rest of the site :lol:).

Hmmm, I never would have bought that KxK if it wasn't for people bitching about the lack of neck pickup and that getting the option added. But I agree in principal.

You can always PM or email the vendor :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.