Dean Guitars 2022

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Two separate statements. One in reference to earlier post, second is wishful thinking.
Oh well, darn, okay.

I'd love to see a shreddier 7 or 8 from them without the monkey's-paw options (referring to a weird finish or weird hardware or whatever weird thing that ruins it for me)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Basically make this

3140.jpg

With this aesthetic (reversed HS optional)

71qdIzCScxL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Dean ML with Evertune. It looks to be a select. I saw it in the Doyle video. I have a mighty need.

I think they're doing an ML with a Kahler too

They have to slap Kahlers on things given how many they had to buy to sign Kerry King.

Rita is suing them specifically because they don't plan on releasing another tacky import Dime model. :lol:

Damn, they’re like a dude that woke up and decided to stop getting high every single morning and their crappy friend won’t let them improve themselves.

Okay why does dean make such awful headstocks. Is it just me? Or is every single one of their headstocks just atrocious with the exception of the ML and that's only because of the body.

Nah U right, U right.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
The roasted maple six in line super Strats look great. Hope they find some new players after losing some key endorsers.

AltecGreen

Reaction score
The roasted maple six in line super Strats look great. Hope they find some new players after losing some key endorsers.

They do in other parts of the world. In Japan, Miyako of Lovebites is keeping them afloat. If you look on the Japanese Dean page, she is the artist at the very top, not Dime, not Schenker, not Amott, etc.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
They do in other parts of the world. In Japan, Miyako of Lovebites is keeping them afloat. If you look on the Japanese Dean page, she is the artist at the very top, not Dime, not Schenker, not Amott, etc.
I don’t know who they are, but Miyako and Asami are babes. Is the music any good?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I know it’s not cool to like burls anymore, but that black burst burl exile 7 with Floyd is calling my name.

Or, I could go for one of these newfangled “acoutics”

E69763A0-30D9-4719-B671-7AAF852EE70A.jpeg

AltecGreen

Reaction score
I don’t know who they are, but Miyako and Asami are babes. Is the music any good?

I like them but that doesn't mean anything. A combination of thrash and power metal. BTW-too late Miyako and Asami both just got married.

Miyako does a really good job of promoting the brand. She likes to use 4-5 guitars during each show and typically uses three Deans. Her fans are kinda of nuts and will buy one of each of her guitars.

WarMachine

Reaction score
I like Dean's. They are my favorite brand (that I've owned/played).
I realize this adds absolutely zero contribution to the thread.
Carry on :lol:

Reaction score
I like Dean's. They are my favorite brand (that I've owned/played).
I realize this adds absolutely zero contribution to the thread.
Carry on :lol:
Dean makes the guitar I love. Not gonna lie, I really wish ESP made them but hey I'll take what I can get. And yes...V headstock or nothing. It just ain't the same without it

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I like them but that doesn't mean anything. A combination of thrash and power metal. BTW-too late Miyako and Asami both just got married.

Miyako does a really good job of promoting the brand. She likes to use 4-5 guitars during each show and typically uses three Deans. Her fans are kinda of nuts and will buy one of each of her guitars.
I can still drool. I might check them out, thrash and power metal could be interesting.

Edika

Reaction score
The split headstock works with the ML as any ML I've seen has thta headstock. Hard to see any other headstock working with that shape. I'm kind of ok with the split headstock and the V, seems to work relatively well. But the Z's with the split headstock are just :barf:

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How are Kahler trems?

I fucking love them assuming you have light tension. They're kinda finicky and unless you have heavy gauge strings you can't do the flutter thing too well but you can max them out both ways way more easily than a floyd and are great if you crank the hell out of your trem. They feel a lot more smooth to use than a floyd plus assuming you don't change string tension changing strings takes the same amount of time as a hardtail. Divebombs aren't as stable as a floyd in regards to tuning, you normally need to pull up to reset it after you drop pitch.

It's not a subtle effect since it's not based off of a strat trem but they are very very good at what they do, which is going apeshit with the bar. Plus screw in arm as a default and they're pretty easy to set up/modify. Definitely more expensive and less versatile than a floyd but a hell of a lot more aggressive and easier to live with.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
The split headstock works with the ML as any ML I've seen has thta headstock. Hard to see any other headstock working with that shape. I'm kind of ok with the split headstock and the V, seems to work relatively well. But the Z's with the split headstock are just :barf:
I think an Explorer style hockey stick headstock would work on an ML, since it works on a Random Star type guitar.

Edika

Reaction score
I think an Explorer style hockey stick headstock would work on an ML, since it works on a Random Star type guitar.

It might, I can't really visualize it as it seems to me it will accentuate the length of the ML and make it look like the body is slimmer. But Random stars with Jackson, ESP pointy headstocks do look cool so it might work. I don't think I've ever seen an ML though without a split headstock.

')