Dean Guitars 2022

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Gonna agree actually, it makes the "Gibson" style V's (rounded bottoms of the symmetrical V) much better looking to me.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I have no idea how true it was, but I've always heard "Deans have v-shaped necks." Was that really mostly true? A couple I've played did, but don't have any idea how ubiquitous it is in their lineup. If it was true, is it still the case today?

Reaction score
I have no idea how true it was, but I've always heard "Deans have v-shaped necks." Was that really mostly true? A couple I've played did, but don't have any idea how ubiquitous it is in their lineup. If it was true, is it still the case today?
Depends on what you get. V necks are their signature thing but they do slim Cs often. My Modifiers are c shaped and my ML is V shaped.

Schweick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here has had any experience(s) with the Dean custom shop?

sell2792

Reaction score
I came here to be a hater, but the neck thru Exile with the black flamed maple top is very sharp. Has anyone had a chance to play one?

Attachments

• 9361D056-0C1E-4799-8B2C-0DAA2AE418BC.jpeg
    9361D056-0C1E-4799-8B2C-0DAA2AE418BC.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 47

jonsick

Reaction score
Have they stopped making Razorbacks? Or have they just not been announced yet?

soliloquy

Reaction score

kind of true? As @STRHelvete mentioned above, they have a few other verities too.

I've played their HARD V shaped necks, and soft V. I've also played what they call 'soft C' which, to my hands, felt like WIDE D type neck. I've also played their soft C shapes too. Its a bit of a mixed bag with Dean.

I think i prefer their WIDE D shapes that, though are unofficial, I have found them on a few of their MLs specifically.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
md24frmvor.png

I'm not really sure who this is supposed to be for. On one hand, at first glance it looks pure Eightees (but certainly more Kramer than Jackson), reminiscent of George Lynch's guitars. On the other hand, the roasted maple and softer lines make it look like it's trying to appeal to the Suhr/Anderson crowd, similarly to how Ibanez did so with the AZ line but not as well executed. But then the logo font kicks in and I get whiplashed straight back into riding the Steel Panther.

:shrug:

Reaction score
md24frmvor.png

I'm not really sure who this is supposed to be for. On one hand, at first glance it looks pure Eightees (but certainly more Kramer than Jackson), reminiscent of George Lynch's guitars. On the other hand, the roasted maple and softer lines make it look like it's trying to appeal to the Suhr/Anderson crowd, similarly to how Ibanez did so with the AZ line but not as well executed. But then the logo font kicks in and I get whiplashed straight back into riding the Steel Panther.

For people who like the Dean superstrats..but with some updated features. Dean seems to have a following of people who really dig specific shapes and whatnot, often oldheads who like the older Dean stuff or people who want Deans but more options, like superstrat bodies. I joined an online group of Dean fans and I never realized until I was in there that there actually ARE Dean fanatics and a lot of them are older people who dig stuff like the MD24 for the 80s vibe along with their vintage 70s Dean stuff. It seems a lot of their offerings are fan service type things.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
md24frmvor.png

I think it's a nice step up from their Vendetta's and junk like that. The headstock is nice for the sole fact that it does have nice proportions and isn't remarkable (like the AZ)

')