Dean Guitars 2022

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wildebeest

Reaction score
md24frmvor.png

I'm not really sure who this is supposed to be for. On one hand, at first glance it looks pure Eightees (but certainly more Kramer than Jackson), reminiscent of George Lynch's guitars. On the other hand, the roasted maple and softer lines make it look like it's trying to appeal to the Suhr/Anderson crowd, similarly to how Ibanez did so with the AZ line but not as well executed. But then the logo font kicks in and I get whiplashed straight back into riding the Steel Panther.

:shrug:
Bro I think its for people who like cool superstrats

mxbraud

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
md24frmvor.png

I'm not really sure who this is supposed to be for. On one hand, at first glance it looks pure Eightees (but certainly more Kramer than Jackson), reminiscent of George Lynch's guitars. On the other hand, the roasted maple and softer lines make it look like it's trying to appeal to the Suhr/Anderson crowd, similarly to how Ibanez did so with the AZ line but not as well executed. But then the logo font kicks in and I get whiplashed straight back into riding the Steel Panther.

:shrug:
I disagree, Thats Charvel/Jackson DK24 Territory ALL day!
Ive Never owned a Dean in the 30+ years of playing. That might change! lol

BusinessMan

Reaction score
I've been considering one of the explorer styles (specifically the red version). I didnt realize that the body of these models is so large (in the video, or maybe canella is just a smaller dude).

The RC model is cool. However, I feel that dean is much like bc rich now. Trying to revamp with no delivery and still announcing new stuff.

Reaction score
I've been considering one of the explorer styles (specifically the red version). I didnt realize that the body of these models is so large (in the video, or maybe canella is just a smaller dude).

The RC model is cool. However, I feel that dean is much like bc rich now. Trying to revamp with no delivery and still announcing new stuff.
Their stuff is available. You can find it new and used.

sell2792

Reaction score
I tried two black Exile Selects with Fishmans, and the fret work was ungodly bad - so many sharp frets. Granted, this was at the Vegas GC and something tells me they’d really be so stupid as to not manage the humidity in the store.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Anyone see this? What a joke Dean is.

Holy crap, what blatant hypocrites and asshats Dean and Armadillo are. I can’t believe they’re going after some dude who just owns a guitar that kind of looks like one of theirs.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that. Wonder what that shit's about

Dude said it's probably related to the Dean/Dimebag lawsuit. Probably protecting the shape as aggressively as possible to protect the IP.

Still an absolutely cunt move to do. I still want Gibson to lose their lawsuit because them winning would set a terrible precedent, but I hope there's some kind of resolution with this dude, as well as the builder.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Dude said it's probably related to the Dean/Dimebag lawsuit. Probably protecting the shape as aggressively as possible to protect the IP.

Still an absolutely cunt move to do. I still want Gibson to lose their lawsuit because them winning would set a terrible precedent, but I hope there's some kind of resolution with this dude, as well as the builder.
This is one of those things that could (should) easily blow up in their face. Like when United tried to not cover that guy's Taylor that got crushed. It takes a lot of marketing to overcome a company suing a customer for having something that they think is violates their patents. Can you imagine if Apple started suing Samsung phone users? I mean, in my house right now there are hundreds of things that may or may not have some tenuous connection to an existing variation of a design patent. I can't imagine if I got sent a C&D for an IG post that featured it. I would NEVER buy from that company, given that behavior.

And calling these counterfeits, especially in light of ACTUAL Chinese counterfeits, is a joke. I completely understand that they might need to go after the builder, just so they don't get into this same situation Gibson is, with not protecting their IP, but a customer? That's weird.

Rosal76

Reaction score
I’ve had two dimebag customs made. The custom shop is amazing!!!

Just out of curiosity, how are their prices? I would not mind at all, having a Dean U.S. custom shop RC7 model like the one below. That guitar is owned by Virvum guitarist, Nic Gruhn.

IMG_0453.jpg

')